Purpose & Overall Relevance to the Organization
You are responsible and accountable to own and drive the overall Digital Analytics and Digital Strategy functions within e-commerce at adidas: its vision, structure and operations in all the key pillars (Business Performance, Trading & Forecasting Analytics, Experience Analytics, Competitive Intelligence Analytics, Digital Marketing Analytics and Consumer Engagement, CRM and Membership Analytics, Strategic planning & execution). You are leading the team responsible to deliver cutting-edge Analytical services to stakeholders, enabling them to make fact-based decisions. Based on internal & external data sources, you manage the creation and generation of tools, forecast models, data capabilities, insights that help adidas better understand the consumer, expand reach, increase customer engagement and advocacy, and ultimately drive sales. In collaboration with your team, you drive and execute JAPAN Digital Analytics strategy and services together and in collaboration with X-functional digital teams.
Digital Analytics & Strategic Planning
- Own and drive the overall JAPAN e-com Digital Analytics function
- Responsible and accountable to setup vision and structure for the analytics in the country and setting up the implementations of deliverables in all the key pillars: Business Performance, Trading & Forecasting Analytics, Experience Analytics, Competitive Intelligence Analytics, Digital Marketing Analytics and Consumer Engagement, CRM and Membership Analytics
- Drive Forecasting capabilities building through application of the full set of advanced analysis methodologies to optimize data analysis & forecasting. This includes framing of business needs, data exploration as well as descriptive, predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Identify Demand gaps, risks and uplift and provide visibility and actionable advices to the broad stakeholders to ensure targets are achieved
- Mangage and provides advice to stakeholders to adopt and adhere to the agreed forecast and demand management approach and follow-up actions
- Implement analytics tools/reporting framework within e-commerce to facilitate every decision maker access to the information needed in the shape needed – dashboards, visualization tools, reports etc.
- Drive Experience analytics capabilities building through application of the full set of advanced analysis methodologies to optimize data analysis. This includes framing of business needs, data and KPIs exploration and benchmarking as well as descriptive, predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Provide stakeholders with actionable recommendations and calls for action based on your gathered KPIs analysis and insights. Drive the translation of gathered insights into engaging, actionable and easy to digest insights presentation and implementations to ensure KPIs gaps, risks and uplift are closed and targets are achieved.
- Lead and manage a comprehensive and advanced analytics that improves traffic generation and conversion across the own sites and platforms and actively reports and improves respective Traffic and CE KPI’s
- Collaborate and support Performance Marketing Brand team, Digital Brand Activations team and e-com UX and CE teams to achieve the Premium Shopping Experience value proposition and relevant Personalization across all digital touch points, to support enhancements to traffic generation, site usability, content, marketing, and overall customer experience
- Develop and maintain a strong stakeholder network with high level of trust that facilitates action- ability of insights
- Drive Digital Analytics capabilities beyong e-commerce, generating frameworks, synergies and analytics products for DPC and Membership teams
- Own and drive e-com level Comeptitive Intelligence, delivering full business intelligence generation from market monitoring tools and hands on research
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitor activities and derive conclusions for the growth and optimization of adidas Digital sales, identifying gaps, opportunities and risk within JAPAN e-com business and the digital marketplace landscape
- Advise stakeholders in your area of responsibility on digital analytics to define goals, select appropriate KPIs, monitor performance and derive trends and opportunities
- Lead the continuous development of the analytics practice in scope, including service portfolio evolution and constant screening of the ecosystem for new models, capabilities, partners or solutions
- Build a strong internal and external network, informing the adidas Digital Analytics community on the latest trends and technological advances
- Maintain quality, set good development practices, and define standards that keep the focus on the right things
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes to meet business needs
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and company objectives
- JAPAN e-com team
- JAPAN Function teams (Membership, Finance, DNA, Brand, Sales, SCM…)
- Global Digital teams
- Global BI & Analytics teams
- External vendors
- Degree with focus in Business, Finance, Economics, Math, Data Science or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working in Digital Analytics, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Demand forecasting & planning, Data Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in e-commerce environment
- Experience in or familiarity with analytics platforms, especially in their integration or deriving insights requiring multiple sources
- Industry: Ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or internet
- Experience in leading a team
Knowledge & Soft Skills
- Broad understanding and passion for Digital and e-com
- Strong Strategic thinking and ability to structure strategic frameworks into strategy execution initiatives
- Abitlity to forumlate strategic priorities based on data and insights
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver business insights
- Understanding of multi-platform e-commerce
- Deep knowledge of Digital and e-com analytics
- Ability to efficiently work in a cross-functional organization, ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with stakeholders from digital and non-digital disciplines on all levels
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to technical and non-technical audience both in person and remotely at various organizational levels
- A passion for designing and creating new data capabilities, tools, and frameworks. Interest in “back-of-house” development of analytics capabilities. Devotion to accuracy, reliability, rigor, and user-focused design.
- Meticulous, high attention to details
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for delivering analytics, data, insights to drive outcomes for quantifiable improvements in business results and consumer satisfaction.
- Outspoken and Confident
- People management skills
- Broad understanding of and passion for the sports and fashion/entertainment industry
- Advanced experience in Digital Analytics, BI, Financial, Digital tools
- Hands-on experience with analytics, statistics, data visualization, and analytics tools and disciplines
- Proficient in MS Office (with an emphasis on Excel), Alteryx or at least one querying language
- Experience with process design and process improvements, automation, etc.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to lead projects or work on several projects simultaneously.
- Plus would be considered:
- Experience in forecasting and predictive models
- Advanced experience with Analytics Blending & Visualization Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Alteryx, SQL…)
- Advanced experience with traffic analytics tools, marketing & media KPIs and ROI
- Advanced experience with reporting and digital marketing tools (GA 360, doubleclick, Adobe Analytics, SCV, propensity modelling etc).
- Advanced experience Experience with Web Analytics and Native app (iOS/Android) analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Webtrends, Wetrekk, Amplitude, AppsFlyer, FireBase…).
- Experience with Voice of the Customer tool (Martitz CX, Medallia, Qualtrics)
- Experience with Advanced Analytics Tools/ language (R, Python, SQL,etc…)
- Customer Experience Measurement (Tealeaf CEM, Clicktale, QM, Crazyegg)
- Experience in relevant digital disciplines (e-com, Social, online communities, loyalty programs, CRM, SEO/SEM)
- Experience with AB and Multi-variate testing tools preferred (e.g. Optimizely, VWO, Test & Target)
- Experience in working with data science and engineering teams
- Fluent English both verbally and written, Japanese in written & spoken benefitial but optional
About the Company
At Adidas, we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes, our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete’s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture. This is how we win while playing fair.