As a Senior Manager Data & Analytics at adidas, you will have to effectively cross-collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and you are responsible for delivering cutting-edge analytics services to stakeholders and enable them to make fact-based decisions.
To be successful in this role you will have to acquire a good understanding specifically on the Japan business needs, processes, ways of working and how to incorporate them into the Global technology available, to deliver best in class analytics, data solutions and process design. In this role you will have the chance to further develop and apply your technical and analytical skills on top of the newest technologies.
DATA & ANALYTICS
- Support data analysis / reporting (regular and ad hoc) to meet cross-functional requirements (in collaboration with senior management and cross-functional business users) – for example
- Develop new report/dashboard for key initiatives and projects
- Consolidate multiple business questions and develop a solution with business logic
- Data visualization and to provide data insights
- Statistical analysis for assortment, promotion evaluation, marketing campaign effectiveness, retail program ROI, etc.
- Enhance organization’s overall data capabilities and use of data (including supporting the development of additional data sources, analytic capabilities, or IT tools as required)
PROCESSES: DATA ANALYTICS
- Collect and synthesize data from existing systems and sources
- Identify and support new data collection requirements (as required)
- Develop specific analytic approach and conduct advanced and technical data analysis
- Translate analytic results into concrete implications and recommendations to meet user needs
PROCESSES: DECISION-SUPPORT TOOLS
- Turn ad hoc technical analyses into reusable, user-friendly models, reports, and tools
- Train and support business users to use tools themselves on an on-going basis
DATA MODELLING & DESIGN
· Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
· Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components
- Supervise direct report(s) and project team members (as required)
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with data providers and report users throughout the organization
- Provide training to various functions on tool usage and analytic best practices
- Special projects: Engage on other major cross-functional projects (as required)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced technical statistical methods and analytic techniques – experience with and expertise in:
- Large dataset manipulation and data mining.
- Statistical analysis in business context: regression, predictive modelling, segmentation/cluster analysis, etc.
- Power BI knowledge preferred.
- Solid business sense and critical-thinking ability – able to solve problems using both conventional judgment and ad-hoc analysis
- Mature and credible interpersonal skills– able to quickly build trust among all management levels and act as an influencer across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial – proactively defines goals and attacks them with creativity.
- Willingness to learn – a drive to learn about all aspects of the business and develop general management competency.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 7+ years of general business experience – including extensive experience in a data analytics function.
- Experience with a global consumer goods brand, modern retailer, or market research firm.
- Experience in working closely with middle and senior managers across functions.
Familiar with big data ecosystem.
- University degree or above, major in Math/ Statistics or other business-related qualification preferred.
- High proficiency or expertise with database, statistical and business intelligence systems (e.g., Microstrategy, Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, R, Python).
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English; Japanese would be a plus.
About the Company
At Adidas, we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes, our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete’s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture. This is how we win while playing fair.
- COURAGE: Speak up when you see an opportunity; step up when you see a need..
- OWNERSHIP: Pick up the ball. Be proactive, take responsibility and follow-through.
- INNOVATION: Elevate to win. Be curious, test and learn new and better ways of doing things.
- TEAMPLAY: Win together. Work collaboratively and cultivate a shared mindset.
- INTEGRITY: Play by the rules. Hold yourself and others accountable to our company’s standards.
- RESPECT: Value all players. Display empathy, be inclusive and show dignity to all.
ADIDAS CELEBRATES DIVERSITY, SUPPORTS INCLUSIVENESS AND ENCOURAGES INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSION IN OUR WORKPLACE. WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE HARASSMENT OR DISCRIMINATION TOWARD ANY OF OUR APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.