As Senior Project Manager reporting to our Project Director - Japan, you will work closely with our Development team, making an impact in a number of ways:
- Responsible for AirTrunk’s campus program management team overseeing various projects within the campus
- Work with AirTrunk partners and customers to develop scope and designs for the seamless implementation and execution of the office and data hall fit outs
- Project manage and oversee construction related activities for new builds and fit out projects, including the ownership of the project scope, safety, quality, timeline and budget
- Liaise with internal teams and senior management on time and cost proposals for potential client proposals
- Management of the project programme to ensure all key objectives are met as well as contractor and customer milestones as per contract
- Liaise closely with the General Contractor and suppliers on a weekly basis to make sure all outcomes are being met
- Risk management for the project(s) from end to end, including partnering with external parties to minimise risk on all items
- Review constructability of electrical and mechanical system designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimization of existing ones
- Build and manage project scope, equipment requirements and assist with proposals and capital requests
- Collaborate closely with project team and internal partners to ensure timely resolution of project risk and issues
- Track project progress, ensure safety; identify and lead quality and report cost, schedule and scope issues
- Oversight into the development and review tender packages, including building scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, reviews and recommendations
- Ownership of cost management, including developing and providing cost reporting, including cash flows and cost to complete reports
- Together with the Contracts Manager, review vendor claims, including payment claims, invoices, variations and time related claims
- Own and run reporting to management, the board and external parties
- Manage handover of completed projects to operations
- Handle customer and contractor access during the construction phase and collaborate with operations teams
- Assist in continued improvement of programme processes and design standard
- 7+ years' of construction experience in Japan (in projects over 30,000 m2)
- Fluent in English (min C1 level) and Japanese (min N2 level)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in mechanical/electrical/civil engineering, project/construction management, is a plus
- Experience working for a data centre operator/previous hyperscale or cloud provider in the APAC market
- Exceptionally flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change in direction
- Results focussed and a “get things done” approach
About the Company
AirTrunk is a technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering hyperscale data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion and now operate a platform of hyperscale data centres across the APJ region. With backing from our investors, including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.