As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Located in Tokyo, Japan, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in pitches.
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through an agile methodology.
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders, and build trusting relationships.
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Share your knowledge with AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers.
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends.
- Keep on top of what’s hot, what’s not, what's new and what's upcoming in sub culture; know how to create a phenomenon.
- Have a finger on the pulse of all things art, music, advertising, film, fashion, food, both in Japan and globally.
- High level client & team satisfaction.
- Typography is your magic sauce; understanding range and subtlety.
- Sensitivity to color, shadows, alignment and details that others' may not consciously notice.
- Experience within a dedicated design role (agency or client-side).
- Exceptional design aesthetics with portfolio to demonstrate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite and the latest Proto-typing tools.
- Proficient in branding design methodologies and design thinking.
- Previous retail and e-commerce design experience highly desirable.
- Humility to effectively compare you work to the best in the world, and a desire to reach that standard of work.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.