AKQA Project Managers are responsible for the delivery of world class work and successful commercial outcomes for an account or a portfolio of accounts and the project of work. They are a trusted advisor at the highest level and a brand custodian that drives results for all parties.
You act as a conduit between the client's problem and the delivery of the solution. You not only act as a trusted advisor to the client, but also work relentlessly with the team to deliver the best work that they can.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Collaborate with Client Service to manage project execution, ensuring margin and revenue targets are met.
- Provide accurate forecasting in terms of resources, financials, and timelines.
- Regularly update the Tokyo Leadership team on program budget plans and financial status.
- Strategize to maintain optimal client profitability.
- Ensure timely reporting of project costs and billings.
- Oversee team resourcing, establishing monthly resource forecasting.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders, ensuring mutual benefits for clients and AKQA.
- Drive efficient workflow between project teams and across program streams.
- Spearhead the development of key project documents, including estimates, SOWs, budgets, and schedules.
- Identify project and schedule risks, devising mitigation strategies.
- Partner with Client Services to manage senior client engagements, ensuring expectations, budgets, and timelines are aligned.
- Collaborate with Traffic on program resourcing needs.
- Maintain proficiency in AKQA’s Project Delivery Framework and industry best practices alongside Delivery & Operations Director.
- Steer project status reporting across teams and programs.
- Ensure proposals and SOWs are vetted and approved by discipline leads prior to client presentation.
- Foster visibility and track dependencies for all active projects.
- In partnership with the Delivery and Operations Director, craft long-term delivery strategies.
- Engage in the New Business Process focusing on financial, resource, and timeline planning.
- Foster a culture promoting proactivity, enthusiasm for client businesses, and continuous improvement.
- Act as a subject matter expert for AKQA Delivery, confidently leading discussions and negotiations.
- Collaborate with Talent and Culture for team recruitment, development, and retention in line with AKQA values.
- Hold regular meetings with direct reports, ensuring alignment, engagement, and professional growth.
- Implement and monitor career development plans, fostering a culture of mentoring, training, and continuous improvement.
- Cultivate a team environment promoting work/life balance, job satisfaction, and professional growth.
- Uphold AKQA values of Innovation, Service, Quality, and Thought.
- Champion entrepreneurial approaches to foster innovative ideas and solutions.
- Engage in new business pitches; support global and regional Delivery leads.
- Ensure consistent high client satisfaction, both internally and externally.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent, meeting financial and utilization targets.
- Monitor product quality and support new AKQA service offerings.
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative team environment.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing large scale projects and programs of work.
- Expertise in introducing and mentoring teams on new operational processes.
- Experience in strategy-lead projects to set visionary guidelines and execute on initiatives on said strategy.
- Recognized as an advocate for change management within the project teams and with client ways of working.
- Strategic, creative, and result-oriented approach.
- Proficient in project management and client relations.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Exceptional communication, including delivering impactful presentations.
- Experience in agile frameworks, working with global teams, and agency operations.
- Bilingual in English and Japanese at a high business proficiency level.
About the Company
AKQA is a design and innovation company that employs 2,200 professionals across 20 countries. Awarded the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for Design in 2021, and named by Gartner as one of the world’s leading marketing agencies in 2021. Winner of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas in 2021 and recognized as a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators in 2020. Most recently, AKQA was awarded the Great Place to Work Certification.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.