The Operations Technology Department is looking for a manager who can lead the IT remote support team. This team supports IT systems that support the speed and quality of delivery that is essential to continue to provide better service to our customers in the rapidly growing Amazon. In the event of a failure, we will work with the local staff of the distribution center, the global development team, the engineering team, etc. to support you so that you can resolve it in the shortest possible time. As a team manager, we will report the circumstances and explain the causes and application of corrections to senior customers in the company for each serious failure.
We also aim to provide more efficient support by introducing standardized support procedures in collaboration with the global IT remote support team.
- Training and management of Locker team members
- Business of Locker team members / Attendance management (including shift management)
- Communication with users or vendors
- Locker failure primary Isolation and escalation as needed
- Support for terminals (Linux, Windows CE) and peripheral devices (barcode readers, printers, etc.)
- Support for new services
- Improvements and proposals for existing services
- 5+ years people managing experience
- Experience working with operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- 5+ years experience in design, implement, operation for IT infrastructure
- Strong with Linux / Windows server
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Project management skills
- Fluent in Japanese
- Business level communication skill in English
- Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
- Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
- Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
- Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Must be bias for action, innovative and able to dive into the deepest details
What unites Amazon employees across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier.
The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.