Asurion Japan is seeking for an exceptional senior data scientist who can manage our data science projects. The candidate with practical hands-on experience is expected to drive projects and even deal with data analysis and machine learning based modeling if necessary. We’re rapidly increasing opportunities to make AI models into a product in both Japan region and global.
The senior data scientist is responsible for driving new and innovative approaches to deliver AI applications through deep communications with business stakeholders and data science team. The individual will play a crucial role in developing AI applications and consulting to Asurion business stakeholders on the design, development, and implementation of AI models. The candidate needs to demonstrate experience in identifying and addressing business needs and in delivering solutions to business with a broad range of approaches in data science use cases.
You are expected to use cutting-edge technology such as LLM and generative AI to deliver various applications in our service domain. We have a lot of opportunities to propose ideas from data science team to make them real in production.
- Lead and drive all elements of a solid data science value pipeline: ideations, exploration, delivery with ownership for data science use cases
- Design and maintain strategic priorities to develop AI productions for Asurion’s business
- Support data science team decisions by taking relevant inputs from business stakeholders and defining clear plan for the projects; extract relevant insights and interpret model results
- Lead communication of data science outputs with stakeholders; act as bridge between business and data scientists; shares insights with business stakeholders, collects inputs and design operationalization plans
- Keep abreast of emerging business and AI trends in the industry and collaborate closely with data science team to apply new techniques to drive effective decision making
- Creates value by identifying and understanding the business challenges and opportunities, hypothesizing, and implementing analytics problems, securing proof of concept, and delivering projects
- Manages complex multi-functional internal and external relationships
- Team player, able to take up and plan wider needs in visualization and data management as the need arises in business functions
- Data collection and cleansing by collaborating with related departments across the company
- Develop and validate evaluation metrics and models to analyze business performance and areas of opportunity
- Take ownership of the deliverables and technical document writings
- Hands-on-experience of Japanese text based Natural Language Processing after such as LLM/Gen-AI
- Ability to read and understand Japanese texts
- 5+ years of experience in data science field
- 3+ years of working experience of R&D in a research institute or a Mobile-Telecom company
- Excellent client communication in both Japanese and English: written and oral, structured problem solving and storyboarding skill
- Strong hands-on experience of building machine learning models and deployment to solve functional business problems
- Proven ability to translate broad business strategies into clear, specific data science led use-cases and design business deliverables and solutions
- Fluent: Japanese/Business-level: English
- Working experience of theoretical/practical algorithm development in those fields such as machine learning, mathematical optimization
- Experience of using Apache Spark or other platforms used in distributed computing
- LLM fine-tuning on the domain text data
- Attitude to thrive in a fun fast paced startup like environment
- A strong sense of leadership
- Proven success with generating product strategies using data analysis
- General up-to-date knowledge of recent trends and familiarity with a variety of libraries in machine learning methods
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and meet client deadlines
- Ability to interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining
- Can-do attitude
About the Company
Asurion aims to solve everything related to technology and give our customers peace of mind no matter what.
Regardless of device, network or platform, you can connect and configure the latest equipment in your connected home, repair or replace a failed device, and even provide the latest information on your favorite technology.
Assurion supports the days when customers can connect with technology with peace of mind and utilize it, which will make their lives a little more convenient and wonderful.
Type of contract: Permanent
Probationary period: 3 months
Working hours: 9:00-17:30(60mi break) with flextime, Teleworking
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Public holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays
Annual paid leave: 20 days maximum (depending on the month of joining, years of service)
Other vacation: Congratulatory and condolence leave, Special flex leave, Refreshment Leave, Child care leave, Family care leave
Compensation: Will be informed before the 1st interview
Salary revision: Once a year(revised to reflect the company and individual performance in March)
Benefits: Social Insurance(Welfare Pension, Health Insurance, Employment Insurance, Industrial accident insurance), Periodic health checkup, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Congratulatory and condolence allowance
Retirement allowance: Defined contribution pension
Education and Training: Various trainings, Education assistance system