Apply from: Japan only
Minimum experience: Senior or above
Bodygram is a rapidly growing AI company that aims at empowering people through intuitive body insights.
We are looking for talented and intellectually curious engineers to support the company’s mission. As part of Bodygram's engineering family, you will work in an international team under the guidance of experienced engineers from leading tech companies (such as Google and Amazon) to deliver end-to-end, cutting-edge capabilities and features to Bodygram's users and partners. You will work on a specific project that is critical to Bodygram's needs with opportunities to switch projects as you — and our fast-paced business environment — grow and evolve.
As Technical Lead Manager (TLM) for the Bodygram B2B team, you will be responsible for leading the development of key web solutions leveraging Bodygram's scanning technology. In particular, you will lead the development of Bodygram's web scanning platform and apparel solutions with the objective of guiding shoppers to "the best fit" while leading the industry towards more sustainability.
You will directly report to Bodygram's Director of Engineering and manage a team currently composed of 3 Software engineers. While helping the team to grow and execute will be your primary focus, you will also make direct technical contributions while partnering with other technical leads to set the bar for engineering excellence.
- Set the technical directions and plan deliverables/milestones for the Bodygram product and key user-facing initiatives.
- Breakdown complex problems into tractable subproblems for other team members.
- Make direct technical contributions while partnering with other teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities and remove roadblocks.
- Mentor and develop your team members while working closely with leads to set the necessary foundation to grow the team further. Examples of tasks include establishing development processes and good practices, reviewing code submissions from the team, and contributing to existing documentation and educational materials.
- Drive data driven experimentation (e.g. A/B testing).
- Actively participate in the company's recruitment effort.
In the first 30/60/90 days some of your expected deliverables will include
- Collaborate directly with the Director of Engineering and Product to plan for the next quarters of development.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the current code base.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Go, Typescript, Java, Kotlin, Scala, or C++.
- Track record of building scalable full stack web applications and robust web APIs.
- Track record of leading projects through their full development life cycle:
- Scoping and requirements specification.
- System design.
- Development and task management.
- Launch and experimentation (e.g. A/B testing).
- Experience with code reviews, and trunk-based development.
- Ability to speak and write in English with business level proficiency.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience in Go and Typescript.
- Track records of breaking down complex problems into tractable subproblems.
- Experience leading and managing a small Engineering team (3~5 engineers).
- Experience with web 3D rendering.
- Experience with data analytics and machine learning.
- Growth Mindset
- Emotional Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
About the Company
Bodygram is an advanced AI body size estimation software and platform.
Our comprehensive database of global body measurements helps consumers and businesses alike harness the power of the body.
Benefits (Tokyo Office)
- Hybrid working model + Flex time
- Employee stock option program participation
- Referral program participation
- Diverse global culture
- The opportunity to work from abroad for a short period of time
- Generous amount of paid holidays
- Health and social insurance support in accordance with Japanese Labor Law
- Visa application and renewal support
- Free snacks at the office