4,980,000 JPY on average (est)
As a Designer in the Design Studios team, you will be part of a larger team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, creating high-quality, compelling creative work. You will work with our consultant teams, completing design projects end to end by executing complex and ambiguous briefs with minimal direction, translating business language and processes into creative ideas, concepts, and engaging stories to achieve their vision and leverage storytelling in compliance with BCG standards. Your output will be a wide range of designs, from mainly presentation/document design to illustration, infographics and other graphic designs.
You’ll participate in creative briefs that capture the business challenge, and you’ll conceptualize and ideate creative solutions, support all design decisions with creative, strategic, and/or business reasoning, and present creative concepts and discuss ideas with internal clients. Working on multiple creative projects at a time, you’ll drive their execution, confirming that clients are satisfied with the quality of the result.
You're Good At
- You’re able to work on projects from creative brief to final deliverable, selecting anddeveloping assets and executing the final production, thanks to your strong understanding of digital and print-ready artwork preparation, bleeds, and related colour and image operations.
- You have a good aesthetic sense for layout design and an awareness of the latest design trends and tools, it’s a plus for selecting photography, developing icons and graphics, and coordinating final production.
- Translating business needs and complex ideas into beautiful visuals creativity, design thinking, and innovation. Solving problems under a consultative approach, ensuring clear communication with stakeholders while managing potential interruptions and issues encountered during the project execution through effective decision-making.
- Translating complex ideas within the business into beautiful and thought-driven innovative solutions.
- Self-organization and a collaborative working approach with elevated communication skills. You are flexible, resilient, and committed with a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced design environment.
- Understanding case team requirements for the business and translating them into visually compelling designs using influence and thought-based design solutions.
- Problem-solving under a consultative approach, ensuring clear communication with stakeholders while managing potential interruptions encountered during a project through effective decision-making.
- Creating holistic creative visual solutions in PowerPoint, design fundamentals, infographics, iconography, storyboarding, corporate communication, marketing and event materials for cases, proposals, workshops, and campaigns, meeting high expectations and BCG Design studio standards.
- Working with the entire Adobe suite – Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop and additionally are well versed with current design trends and eager to keep upskilling to stay up to date with a keen eye for detail and aesthetic sense and excellent Verbal and written communication skills
You Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a relevant industry or design studio in a professional services environment, design start-up, or design agency.
- Bachelor's degree in design, graphic design, fine arts or a related field (Relevant educational qualifications in design is a plus)
- Excellent language, written and verbal communication skills.
- You have proven, strong knowledge of MS Office especially Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator. Other Adobe creative suite (e.g., inDesign) and experience in hand drawn and/or digital illustration and UI/UX design is a plus.
- Strong and effective influence, network and relationship building skills.
- A strong portfolio that you can communicate in detail.
Please note this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
You'll Work With
- Tokyo Design Studio Managers
- Tokyo Design Studio Team
- Case Teams
About the Company
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.