This position will need to manage scope of turnkey EPC contractor and to prepare/coordinate the process of Request for Proposal and Selection of EPC contractors with Contract coordinator. This position also ensures project is completed on time and in compliance with all technical, commercial, safety and regulatory requirements and will meet or exceed performance and O&M cost targets. Provide technical support for the business development team with members of the engineering team in the EPC department.
- Manages scope of turnkey EPC contractor. Ensures project is completed on time and in compliance with all technical, commercial, safety and regulatory requirements and will meet or exceed performance and O&M cost targets
- Ensure the successful procurement and selection process is conducted to incorporate key project requirements
- Collaborate with financial and legal teams to create bankable global contract
- Oversee project execution to ensure that all systems are installed exactly according to plan and that there are no technical installation errors committed that would decrease system performance or lifespan or cause potential system failure
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Monitor the status of the project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies
- Technical support for the business development team with members of the engineering team in the EPC department
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time at its own discretion.
It is essential for the Project Manager that possess strong communication skills, including the ability to give persuasive presentations, and as well of abilities to respond well to questions and analyze complex requirements.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil) or management field is required
- Minimum 10+ years in projects execution. Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer
- Technical proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Including Word, Excel and Microsoft Projects
- Outstanding command of Japanese standard, excellent oral and written communication skills fluency in Japanese. Ability to communicate in English preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD or SolidWorks Cad software is preferred
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and other departments
- Strong understanding of PV or BESS system design, including the proper usage of basic components and conventional installation and interconnection methods
- Strong technical aptitude. A background in mechanical or electrical engineering would be of great value.
- Excellent interpersonal and leaderships skills. Communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Proven ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and to perform multiple roles and functions simultaneously.
About the Company
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.