The position will drive excellence and leadership in Cartier store development in Japan through the project management of new boutique openings and retail partnership openings, as well as renovations, maintenance, and special projects.
Key mission of this role is to lead and e the cost and schedule control of projects in collaboration and alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
Project Management Support
- Manage new construction, renovation, relocations in collaboration with cross functional and external team
- Project manage creative solutions for special projects and able to manage flagship level projects including façade design development:
- Manage localization of schematic design package to construction package
- MEP drawings and coordination
- Specification of furniture, lighting, artwork
- Bring exceptional multi-tasking skills, in order to bring multiple creative solutions within expected timeframes
- Manage the expectations of key stakeholders for each project – including design and commercial expectations
- Support management of stores and special projects with external consultants. Liaise with them to build relationships and set clear expectations and deliverables
- Deliver clear and precise visual and written communication
- Cost control - Monitor budgets and construction schedules, providing weekly and monthly status reports. Propose value engineering and savings plan in collaboration with local and global teams.
- Procurement support - Support review or vendor and construction estimates and contracts
- Support the research for new vendor collaborations, shortlist Architects and Contractors, Vendors working with procurement on compliance and selection of vendors
- Support vendor ordering to ensure project costs are on time and on schedule
- Support preparation of design briefs, specific to projects and in partnership with internal teams
- Take a collaborative approach to design, through engaging cross functional partners, working closely with HQ partners, and external consultants
- Be a voice of global retail and design trends and insights by remaining informed on contemporary and historical design precedents and cascading this knowledge to the wider team
Special projects, Store Maintenance & Initiatives
- Design and document thoughtful and practical small-scope solutions in response to retail and maintenance needs
- Play a key role to drive and lead the evolution of CSR on design and construction, including but not limited to local and regional sourcing
Reporting & Communication
- Support monitoring of CAPEX
- Monitor timings of projects, ensuring these are running to schedule
- Manage internal stakeholder expectations
- Evaluate projects upon completion to report on learnings, improvements, and best practices
- Bachelor degree or master degree in architecture or interior design or design related field with a minimum experience of 8 years managing dynamic projects, managing external consultants
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Knowledge of local building codes and construction process
- Ability to handle a large volume of projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge in basic MS-office and Adobe Suite
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with extended teams
- Strong eye for design and high attention to details
About the Company
A French luxury Maison, open-minded and curious about the world, Cartier designs timeless creations and finds beauty wherever it may lie. In tune and engaged with its time and constantly enriching its legacy, Cartier continues to expand the limits of creativity and enhance beauty with its savoir-faire.
Founded during the era of great inventions, Cartier has always been inspired by the progression of ideas and artistic movements. The Maison continues this progression today, all the while creating an expression of its own.
Love, Trinity, Juste un Clou, Tank, Panthère, Santos… From high and fine jewelry to watchmaking, from leather goods to fragrances, eyewear and objects, Cartier reveals beauty in every creation, with just the right touch of panache and the secret signature of its unique expertise.