Cloudflare is looking for a strong B2B enterprise marketing lead, who is dynamic, creative, and analytical. The individual has a track record of delivering smashing programs that generate new prospects and grow the marketing revenue pipeline. This person will be dedicated to growing our businesses in Japan so a deep understanding and experience in driving the marketing-generated pipeline in these markets are crucial.
You will drive various In-person/virtual event strategies and end-to-end execution. You will conceive, launch, and lead a series of digital campaigns that span a variety of online channels – Pay-per-click (PPC), email, webinar, social, and content syndication, to name a few. You have a natural inclination to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities, strong project management skills, and the ability to think strategically and orchestrate many moving parts. You must have full working knowledge and expertise of the demand generation marketing funnel and lead flows. The right candidate will have the ability to work cross-functionally with all teams in-region and in headquarters in San Francisco, with the goal of localizing and amplifying global campaigns and events to drive demand and generate leads. This is a Country Marketing Lead for Japan hence deep understanding and experience in the Japanese market will be required. The role is based in Tokyo.
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing, APJC based in Singapore
- As the Japan country marketing lead, you will be responsible for both online and offline marketing strategies and tactics to cover both Mid Market and Enterprise segments.
- You will take functional guidance from Japan's country manager and be a member of the Japan Leadership team to contribute to short, mid, long term business growth for the Japan Market.
- Work in cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with global demand generation, product marketing, sales, marketing operations, sales ops, and many others in the development, execution, and measurement of marketing initiatives
- Work with a global branding team to develop and execute branding strategy to ensure market awareness and visibility.
- Align the marketing activities to support the sales goals for leads and opportunities
- Measure campaign impact through SFDC reporting, evaluate campaign ROI, and present recommendations for improvement
- Plan, promote, and host field marketing events (trade shows, conferences, executive dinners, and workshops) across Japan
- You will be responsible for the design, production, execution, and optimization of online marketing campaigns across multiple channels (e.g. SEM, organic/SEO, retargeting, email, webinars, etc.)
- Work with cross-functional team members (Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product) to orchestrate high-impact integrated marketing campaigns.
- Work with the global marketing teams to optimize and localize global campaigns to ensure market relevancy.
- Ongoing project management of campaign execution across Marketo, Bizible, and Salesforce, including data hygiene. Manage campaigns' timeline, ROI, and data-driven improvements through optimization.
- Communicate campaign results to key stakeholders.
- Native in Japanese is a must. Fluency in spoken and written English would be mandatory.
- 7-10 years of proven experience in B2B marketing (enterprise software, SaaS, regional marketing, and/or information security experience a plus)
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Economics, or other quantitative fields
- On the digital side, you will be responsible for the design, production, execution, and optimization of online marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- This person must be highly experienced in utilizing platforms such as Line, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Japanese marketing platforms, and previous experience in running search engine campaigns using platforms like Google and Yahoo! Japan is mandatory.
- In addition, you must have experience creating strategy, planning, budgeting, and managing trade shows, events, and conferences from start to finish
- Have a proven track record of launching successful online and offline marketing campaigns and driving qualified leads in the funnel
- Strong project management/organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaboration, and the ability to coordinate across multiple departments in different time zones
- Results-oriented with experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics with a focus on revenue, conversion, sales, and other marketing goals
- Analytically inclined, exceptional organizational skills, with rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with tight deadlines
- Having a strong sense of curiosity and passion for learning
- Exhibit strong stakeholders management and communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and Google Analytics will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in a high-growth company in the SaaS, security, or network space, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works is a plus
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.