Cogent Labs is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help accelerate how we create and deploy machine-learning-based solutions to real-world business problems.
Successful candidates will join a highly-skilled and growing team of ML engineers and scientists, using modern software engineering techniques, coding practices, and technologies. This role requires combining data engineering, machine learning engineering, and devops engineering skills.
- Developing and maintaining AI model training pipelines and experiment tracking
- Collaborating with machine learning scientists to bring research findings to production
- Optimization, deployment, and maintenance of distributed AI model serving systems at scale
- Developing and maintaining training dataset management systems
- Analyzing technical problems, designing and prototyping solution architectures
- Mentoring junior team members and helping to improve coding standards and practices
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Experience using Python for machine learning or scientific/statistical use
- Experience using database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience building distributed, containerized, and large-scale systems
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with modern cloud orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Experience using accelerated hardware for AI model training and prediction (GPUs, TPUs)
- Experience profiling and optimizing Python, Cython, or C++ software
- Experience building scalable data processing or machine learning pipelines
- Knowledge of Japanese language
We are working in a dynamic environment, using modern technologies such as PyTorch, Docker, Knative, Kafka, Kubernetes, Nvidia Triton, Github Actions, and cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
About the Company
Cogent Labs ("Cogent") is a technology-driven, fast-paced AI SaaS company, and its mission is ambitious: “Power Productivity with Artificial Intelligence. We Empower Knowledge Workers.”
Cogent Labs provides products that improve knowledge worker productivity by leveraging cutting-edge AI technology. Our main product is the Intelligent Document Processing service "Smart Read" and it is a part of the integrated DX platform "COGENT DX".
The Cogent Labs engineering department is continuously working towards developing a culture improving and rewarding the following qualities:
- Team effort: A cohesive team can be more effective than an isolated prodigy. Engineers are expected to work well in groups and look for opportunities to empower their colleagues.
- Ownership: Take full responsibility for your own projects and tasks and if needed, cross over boundaries in order to successfully deliver your project.
- Self-improvement: Create an environment where engineers can focus on their engineering tasks and self-improvement without excessive outside disturbances.
- Experimentation: Engineers should have some freedom in experimenting with new ideas and technologies, as this ultimately could translate into building better products or the creation of valuable new IP.
- Quality & Excellence: Maintaining a mindset of developing high quality features and code. We avoid cutting corners as much as possible.
- Customer Service: Being customer focused, not only externally but internally as well. This means developing services that not only improve the experience of our end customers, but also being ‘customer service’ oriented within your team and the company as a whole by helping out others and sharing knowledge.