Cogent Labs is looking for a Software Engineer with 6+ years of relevant experience to help build, monitor, and optimize the platform on which our AI-powered products run. Successful candidates will join a highly skilled team, and should be able to help define, clarify, develop, test, and deploy high-quality infrastructure solutions to various environments.
Working in a team whose responsibilities include:
- Contributing to proper engineering practices for architecture, documentation, code review, and pair programming
- Implementing/improving the provisioning, performance, and monitoring of our Cloud product platform
- Implementing/improving the installation, diagnostics, and performance of our On-premises product platform
- Implementing/improving the internal development tooling and platforms used by other technical teams
- Building product features, especially those relating to delivery/update mechanisms, security, BCP, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a similar technical discipline
- Experience with most of the following:
- Docker and/or containerd
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC), such as Terraform
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- CI/CD tools and practices
- Software and infrastructure security practices
- On-premises/offline software systems or data-centers
- Message-queue architectures and distributed systems
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts in AWS or bare-metal
- Experience working with Enterprise customers or environments
- Japanese language ability
The Ideal Candidate:
- can empathize Cogent Labs’ VISION and MISSION
- is a team player who aims for higher goals
- has integrity and humility, and shows respect and gratitude to others
- prefers open and transparent communication
- has a strong growth mindset
- can receive feedback positively and provide constructive feedback to others
About the Company
Cogent Labs ("Cogent") is a technology-driven, fast-paced AI SaaS company, and its mission is ambitious: “Power Productivity with Artificial Intelligence. We Empower Knowledge Workers.”
Cogent Labs provides products that improve knowledge worker productivity by leveraging cutting-edge AI technology. Our main product is the Intelligent Document Processing service "Smart Read" and it is a part of the integrated DX platform "COGENT DX".
The Cogent Labs engineering department is continuously working towards developing a culture improving and rewarding the following qualities:
- Team effort: A cohesive team can be more effective than an isolated prodigy. Engineers are expected to work well in groups and look for opportunities to empower their colleagues.
- Ownership: Take full responsibility for your own projects and tasks and if needed, cross over boundaries in order to successfully deliver your project.
- Self-improvement: Create an environment where engineers can focus on their engineering tasks and self-improvement without excessive outside disturbances.
- Experimentation: Engineers should have some freedom in experimenting with new ideas and technologies, as this ultimately could translate into building better products or the creation of valuable new IP.
- Quality & Excellence: Maintaining a mindset of developing high quality features and code. We avoid cutting corners as much as possible.
- Customer Service: Being customer focused, not only externally but internally as well. This means developing services that not only improve the experience of our end customers, but also being ‘customer service’ oriented within your team and the company as a whole by helping out others and sharing knowledge.