As a Senior Backend Engineer (Golang), you will be responsible for bringing in expertise and pioneering the design and implementation of complex and scalable systems, guiding junior engineers, and working with cross-functional teams. You will be an integral part of our web-based game platform as the G123 platform grows its portfolio of games and expands globally.
- Lead the design and development of high-performance, scalable and reliable backend systems using Golang and related technologies
- Ensure clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Build and maintain core services and APIs
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues and implement solutions
- Collaborate with other team members to identify and solve complex problems
- Highly skilled and experienced in Go programming
- Highly skilled and experienced in the database system (RDBMS or NoSQL)
- Experience in Kubernetes (K8s) to ensure successful application development and deployment
- Experience in one of the major cloud platforms such as AWS / GCP / Azure
- Strong sense of software engineering (design, security, and ownership) for products.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
Good to have
- Profound understanding of Docker and Kubernetes;
- Strong experience working in large Go codebases and database systems
- Strong backend experience working with distributed systems
- Expertise in leveraging Automation / DevOps principles
- Ability to apply best practices for infrastructure and software deployment
- Adaptable to a fast-paced startup environment.
- Can work in Chinese OR Japanese OR English
- Can read and understand technical documents in English
About the Company
Founded in 2013, CTW is Japan’s No.1 browser game company. Our primary service is the G123 IP game platform — which publishes video games based on famous Japanese IP.
We’ve been experiencing steady growth in revenue in the past few years as our player base has exploded to over 50 million users worldwide.
We must grow quickly to keep up with market demand.
Our CEO founded and named this company with the aspiration to "Change the World." As a fast-growing startup, we hope our team will drive themselves to try new things and accelerate their careers to match the rapid expansion of the company.
Our core values are
With global hits like Vivid Army, Queen's Blade, and many more, we’re looking to go from a market leader in Japan to an industry leader globally!
- Visa support
- Free lunch catering (*after 3 months employment) and early-bird breakfast
- Free in-office Starbucks, coffee, tea, beverages, snacks, sweets, & vitamins/supplements
- Modern office space in the heart of Tokyo, with views of Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji
- Industry-leading work-life harmony: overtime is rare and discouraged
- Commute expenses covered
- 30,000 yen rent support if you live 2 stops from Roppongi 1-chome or Kamiyacho stations
- Bonus for continuous employment (50,000 yen/month added to base salary after 5 years of continued employment)
- Health insurance
- Diverse & international environment
- Working hours: 10:00 – 19:00, Monday to Friday (in-office)