We’re an exciting start-up that connects adventurous explorers with the stories of Japanese tradition and nature. From the simple beauty of repairing broken ceramics to feeling the flames of a katana forge, we’ve carefully crafted a range of experiences with genuine Japanese artisans that get you closer to the essence of Japan. We love what we do, and we’re growing fast! That’s where you come in.
We’re searching for a professional writer passionate about Japanese traditional culture and sharing these rich traditions with audiences worldwide. You’ve probably done a lot of traveling yourself, and you understand the unique beauty of cross-cultural connections. In addition, you’re an excellent communicator – you can get to the essence of an idea in just a few words. You also know that empathy with the customer is vital for storytelling that resonates.
Based in Sangenjaya Tokyo, we’re a multicultural, multilingual, multi-city team that likes to have fun, and we know that diversity is a must for a great working environment.
A Day at Work
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Contents, writing product copy as a storyteller of our brand that informs and engages the customer, and writes product information for use by the sales team for communicating with travel agencies that accurately reflects the products and product benefits.
- Provide compelling copy for projects including: Website copy, Sales material copy, Product story and descriptions, Social media copy, and other materials
- Communicate complicated technical topics in clear, concise & compelling ways to both a non-technical audience & our highly technical enthusiast base
- Providing feedback and editing other team members' work and helping to update the company's style guide
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding
- Create original, breakthrough work within established brand guidelines
- Interest in Japanese culture and tourism
- 4+ years of experience creating direct response copy for digital (paid, web, social, SEO), print, content, direct mail, collateral, blog, and PR with a solid portfolio of work
- To be an English native copywriter
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of blogging, microblogging, and social media writing (including the use of hashtags, emojis, and acronyms)
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, problem solves, and accomplish established goals
- Demonstrated success in managing businesses' digital and social media presence (blogs, website pages, and social media accounts) preferred
- Would be ideal to have experience in the tourism field.
About the Company
Deeper Japan connects travelers to local people and hidden places in Japan through intimate artisanal experiences.
- Your experience and skillset will be taken into account when determining a stipend.
- We’ll reimburse all work-related travel costs.
Please do have a good look around our website and be sure to read up on our mission in detail.