The Android Engineer is responsible for implementing technical solutions native to Android Platforms, unleashing the best possible user experience in that environment. You will work directly with product managers, iOS, and Embedded engineers in an integrated approach towards a unified product. This is an exciting role where you will be creating new connected driving experiences while working on state of the art hardware to integrate a user's smartphone with the buttons and screen on vehicles
- Integrate in-vehicle hardware products
- Validate the feasibility of challenging requirements
- Research new technologies that the best user experience
- Quick development of prototypes and concept apps
- Implement high quality, maintainable and test-driven code
- Reproduce, troubleshoot, and fix user issues
- On the side, play a small role on projects outside of your comfort zone just for fun and for expanding your knowledge
- Keep sharpening your expert skills
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in Android application development
- Solid object-oriented software development knowledge
- Solid coding skills, enabling clean and maintainable code base
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming, multi-threading, dependency injection and reflection capabilities
- Experience in building Android apps in Kotlin
- Understanding of Android frameworks and Jetpack libraries
- Business level English
- Strong sense of ownership of product features and quality
- A flexible attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. Be willing to do what it takes, even if it's outside of your usual responsibility area.
- Someone who thinks that cars and motorcycles can be 1000x better than they are today
Nice to Have
- Experience in writing libraries and tools
- Experience performance verification and optimization
- Experience with Android Bluetooth APIs
- Experience with Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Experience with IoT or integration with embedded systems
- Being familiar with Agile development environment
- Experience with localization and internationalization of apps
- Conversational Japanese
About the Company
Founded in 2013 by entrepreneurs from Zipcar and Tesla Motors, Drivemode is fundamentally changing vehicle technology for drivers – we enable smarter and safer connected driving in any vehicle.
Drivemode has built a mobile-based connected vehicle platform which integrates directly with the vehicle to bring key communication and navigation features, while putting your vehicle’s data right at your fingertips. Our products are used by millions of riders and drivers in over 150 countries. In 2019 we were acquired by Honda as an independent subsidiary to integrate our platform directly into Honda vehicles around the world.
Drivemode is proud of a very diverse team with employees coming from 5 continents/11 countries as of today. Diversity in our workplace has played an important part in our success; we recognize each employee’s unique background, knowledge, experiences, ideas, and viewpoints which are all critical in developing a product that has the greatest impacts on drivers all over the world.
Drivemode provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristics that make you unique.