Drivemode is looking for a Lead Product Designer to help define how people interact with new vehicles, by working on innovative software solutions with the Honda Motorcycle division.
Our designers are involved at every step of a project, from gathering data, brainstorming, prototyping, to launching pixel-perfect designs with Honda’s powerful hardware capabilities. We are looking for candidates who have strong user empathy, hunger to solve problems, and excellent technical communication skills. You will also help Drivemode hire and mentor new designers as our team expands with new projects.
If you’re ready to create safe and elegant solutions that power the mobility of people all over the world, come join the Drivemode team in Tokyo.
- Partner with product management, engineering, and business development on the development of new products for Honda Motors
- Get your hands dirty by wireframing, prototyping, and designing end-to-end product features by using data, market research, and AB Testing
- Work with senior management and business partners at Honda as a thought leader
- Help maintain high design standards by constantly challenging the team with thoughtful critique
- Provide effective leadership as a senior member of design team.
- Help recruit and mentor new designers
- Freedom to test new ideas and push boundaries
- 6+ years of product design experience, with a focus on mobile applications and software
- Effective leadership skills and excellent skills for successful mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design related field; Master’s preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong background in interaction design with a great eye for layout, typography, iconography, and color
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that will allow you to defend complex design ideas
- Ability to maintain high design standards in a lean, fast-paced environment
- Advanced experience with prototyping tools
- A thoughtful web portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful design
- Business level English
- IVI design experience
- Motion design and graphics
- Business level Japanese
Drivemode is proud of a very diverse team with employees coming from 5 continents/11 countries as of today. Diversity in our workplace has played an important part in our success; we recognize each employee’s unique background, knowledge, experiences, ideas, and viewpoints which are all critical in developing a product that has the greatest impacts on drivers all over the world.
Drivemode provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristics that make you unique.