Drivemode is a design focused company, and run on a very iterative, hypothesis, and data-driven process. As a Product Designer, you will be working on new software products with our world-class engineering and product management teams, alongside Honda’s hardware divisions. The position will ensure our products are easy to use, valuable to our users, and crafted with a high level of execution.
- Design the user experience of new features from concept to launch with our product managers, engineers, and Honda’s hardware teams
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for drivers
- Wireframe, prototype, and design end-to-end flows that are simple and elegant
- Create visual systems for new products that uphold Drivemode’s design standards
- Gather data, customer feedback, and iterate on features that are being used by people all over the world
- Freedom to test new ideas and push boundaries
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience designing, shipping, and iterating on mobile applications or software at the level of whole features/products for an entire end-to-end experience
- Visual designs skills that encompass a great eye for layout in desktop/mobile interfaces, typography, iconography, and color
- Interaction design skills that showcase your abilities in understanding people’s needs and how they affect a user’s experience
- Great communication and presentation skills that will allow you to defend complex design ideas
- A thoughtful web portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful design
- Business level English
Nice To Have
- Motion design and graphics
- Business Level Japanese
About the Company
Our Mission: Smarter, safer, connected driving in any vehicle
Driving technology always feels old. Not by a little bit. Years and years out of date. Is that really just “the way things are”? We don’t think so and we’re here to fix that. We believe vehicles can be 1000x smarter, safer, and more connected to the world around us. We’ve started on this mission by building a mobile-based connected vehicle platform used by millions of drivers in over 150 countries. In 2019, we joined forces with Honda as their first startup acquisition, and now we’re expanding our vision by bringing together software and hardware to build new products that solve real needs for millions of drivers around the world.
How We Work
Our standard working hours: 9:00 - 18:00
We currently do not have flex time set up in our company.
However we value and respect employees' work-life balance, and we provide an environment where employees feel comfortable enough to discuss his/her schedule with a reportline manager to prioritize a personal life, e.g. taking care of families.
Also, we offer "holiday swap option" for employees to be able to move holidays to their non-busy time.
Drivemode was already a “remote team” before COVID-19, and we’ll continue to be with offices in multiple locations.
However, due to the nature of work that happens inside Drivemode, there is a need to be at the office together from time to time when developing new products that involve hardware prototypes.
In the long-term we plan to gradually return to the office when it is safe to do so.
Vacation & PTO
- Weekends (Saturday and Sunday), Japanese national holidays, New Year’s holiday
- Annual paid leave (10 days for the 1st year)
- Sick Leave (5 days per year)
- Celebratory/bereavement leave
Parents & Family
We offer maternity leave and child care leave.
Also, we offer money gift for childbirth.
Perks & Benefits
🧡 Brand new office just opened in Nov 2020, 5min walk from Ebisu station!
🏥 Health insurance
🚃 Commuting allowance
👩🎓 Language study allowance for non-Japanese employees
🍻 Team lunch party (Every Friday)
🍬 Favorite snack allowance
💜 We also have education support for up to 15,000 JPY a month which are to be used to develop skills and acquire knowledge in the job area.
Android: Kotlin, Java, Dagger 2, RxJava, gRPC, Gradle, Android Studio
iOS: Swift, SwiftUI, Xcode, Carthage
Server/Infrastructure: Node.js, NestJS, PostgreSQL, gRPC, Docker, Cloud Run, Firebase, PubSub, DataFlow, Google Cloud Platform
Version control: Git/GitHub
CI/CD: GitHub Actions (Self Hosted), DeployGate, Fastlane
Communication: Slack, Google Meet, Email
Project management: Jira Software, Trello
Analytics: BigQuery, Firebase Analytics, Jupyter, Pandas, scikit-learn
Others: Google Workspace, OneSky