Our Mission: Smarter, safer, connected driving in any vehicle
Driving technology always feels old. Not by a little bit. Years and years out of date. Is that really just “the way things are”? We don’t think so and we’re here to fix that. We believe vehicles can be 1000x smarter, safer, and more connected to the world around us. We’ve started on this mission by building a mobile-based connected vehicle platform used by millions of drivers in over 150 countries. In 2019, we joined forces with Honda as their first startup acquisition, and now we’re expanding our vision by bringing together software and hardware to build new products that solve real needs for millions of drivers around the world.
About the Role
As an Android QA Automation Engineer you will be working as part of our QA team and partnering up with Android Developers to guarantee the quality of the delivered software deployed to connected Vehicles. The software we deliver integrates with a diversity of vehicle hardware, so you will be interacting with different equipment, protocols and applications including the Android Operating System to validate the reliability and end to end functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyze product requirements which are defined in business or technical specifications as the basis for developing automation testing cases (Functional, Non-Functional, both)
- Understand application architecture to identify bottlenecks and dependencies that could become the source of failures to develop tests targeting the identified risks
- Research and propose tasks and technologies required to enable QA Automation
- Design non-functional test cases to ensure the stability and reliability of Applications and Services running on an embedded Android System
- Write and execute automated functional, non-functional and performance tests for Applications and Services running on an embedded Android System
- Generate automation test result reports
- Document automation solutions and share knowledge with other QA members
- Support collaboration through participation in testing discussions/sessions
- Automate pre-test preparations such as application build and publishing to test environments, setting predefined settings/configurations as required for tests and related activities that enables the QA team’s independence to execute tests
- At least 4 years of non-function and functional automation testing experience on embedded systems preferably running Android
- Relevant experience in Android application development with Kotlin
- At least 2 years of automation and performance testing experience on android mobile applications
- Professional experience in using relevant frameworks/tools for Android test automation and mocking of interfaces/APIs, such as Espresso, Robolectric, JUnit and other unit and instrumented testing tools.
- Proficiency on Linux OS, and scripting languages such as Python, Shell Script and Kotlin Script
- Good understanding of how QA teams work and activities of test planning, design and execution
- Intermediate level of English
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail, strong ownership, self-driven and proactive, team worker, open-minded, good communication style.
- Strong sense of ownership of product features and quality
- A flexible attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. Be willing to do what it takes, even if it's outside of your usual responsibility area.
- Someone who thinks that cars and motorcycles can be 1000x better than they are today
- Experience with Android CTS
- Experience in delivering and testing Android Systems such as Android Automotive, Android TV or standard Android for phones and other devices
- Experience testing applications that interact with hardware devices and bluetooth
- Experience in testing Jetpack Compose
- Experience operating and customizing CI/CD pipelines to support QA needs
- Proficiency on Git, Github, Github Actions
About the Company
Founded in 2013 by entrepreneurs from Zipcar and Tesla Motors, Drivemode is fundamentally changing vehicle technology for drivers – we enable smarter and safer connected driving in any vehicle.
Drivemode has built a mobile-based connected vehicle platform which integrates directly with the vehicle to bring key communication and navigation features, while putting your vehicle’s data right at your fingertips. Our products are used by millions of riders and drivers in over 150 countries. In 2019 we were acquired by Honda as an independent subsidiary to integrate our platform directly into Honda vehicles around the world.
Drivemode is proud of a very diverse team with employees coming from 5 continents/11 countries as of today. Diversity in our workplace has played an important part in our success; we recognize each employee’s unique background, knowledge, experiences, ideas, and viewpoints which are all critical in developing a product that has the greatest impacts on drivers all over the world.
Drivemode provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristics that make you unique.