2,913,559 JPY on average (est)
- The (Snr.) Social Media Manager will work with the Head of Media as well as internal/external partners to plan and execute holistic social media strategies that ultimately contribute to the business growth of all the categories. This person would have to be comfortable working in a fast-paced team, but also act as a strong project manager that can manage multiple categories and work streams and adapt to business change.
- Social Media is a critical channel for Dyson’s success as we grow existing and enter new categories, double down on owner experience, and focus efforts on reputation across the Dyson brand. Growth of our Hair Care (Beauty) Category is especially heavily dependent on the success of how we play social media.
- The Social Media Manager will be instrumental in developing and executing a best-in-class Social Media strategy that delivers against these ambitions, while working closely with brands, communications (PR), and owner experience teams to align and deliver against our business goals. From strategy development to agency briefing and creative development, you’ll focus on ensuring we maximize and push boundaries in Social Media marketing.
- Developing and executing our Social Media strategy; Earned, Owned and Paid through the marketing funnel. Develop social as a critical digital touchpoint for both owners and shoppers.
- Influencer strategy; organizing the influencer pyramid and appointing the right influencers to collaborate with depending on the objective. Whether it is a paid or non-paid partnership, engaging and building a relationship with the influencers so they will be the advocate of the Dyson brand.
- Working collaboratively with external agency partners to come up with the optimal media plans and making sure they get executed to plan.
- Content; manage and oversee our social media content calendar, including creative briefs and copy writing. You’ll work closely with other functions (Brand, Creative, Centre of Excellence teams), developing a social media content strategy that supports business goals, whilst staying true to our global strategy and the expectations of audience and channel.
- Guide creative teams responsible for developing social content. Educate them on “best practices” for different social channels and content formats. Having an interest in new and emerging platforms and formats is critical.
- Community management; engage with owners encouraging advocacy and word of mouth, deliver a UGC strategy, and work closely with our owner experience team.
- Social listening and measurement; you’ll have experience of Social Media tools, ideally Sprinklr, delivering regular reports on the performance of our social media presence across POE.
- Manage day to day category budgets across media activities
- Other associated duties as required
- English - business level / Japanese - native level
- 5+ years experience in leading social media and community management or a related field in either agency or client-side within relevant industry
- Solid understanding of all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Youtube, Twitter, etc, and how these platforms could be maximized in the relation of paid, owned and earned approaches
- Proven experience of engaging and building relationships with various levels of influencers
- Previous experience of managing and moderating a sizeable social media community
- Proven experience of content planning, creation, and publishing on owned social platforms
- Proven experience analytical deep diving using social listening tools, ideally Sprinklr, and reporting to stakeholders at multiple levels
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships internationally and at all levels
- Demonstrable skills in idea generation and identifying and capitalising trends and insights into tangible actions
- Understanding of best practices and emerging trends within the digital / social space
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers
- Demonstrable project management and collaboration skills to obtain the best results and / or problem solve
- Knowledge of creative design processes
- People management experience is a plus
- Great communicator; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Objective driven; understanding the objective of the project/task and focusing to take actions that would help reach that objective
- Problem solving; be able to critically and actively analyze situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions
- Self-starter; taking initiatives, managing complex projects, finding scopes by self, picking up the ball attitude under ambiguity
- Leader; should be able to build strong and cooperative relationships, work cross-functionally with a wide range of people, and managing all stakeholders including local and global leadership
- Entrepreneurial; be unafraid to try new things, able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to take risks
- Self-management; Proven ability to prioritize while multi-tasking a number of high-priority assignments
- Detail oriented; plan and materials produced must be meticulously executed
About the Company
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve peoples’ lives; whether that be by engineering high performance technology to keep their floors and air clean – to patented beauty innovation to style their hair.
Dyson has a long history of innovation in Japan, from James Dyson’s first commercial vacuum cleaner (G-Force) to the latest Dyson Supersonic Shine. Dyson leads the Japanese stick vacuum market – and has built a portfolio of innovation; from air care to hair care. Japan is one of Dyson’s most successful global markets with ambitious growth plans, and the Media Team plays a critical role in bringing continual success to the business.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.