5,437,271 Japanese yen on average (est)
Fender Music Corporation is seeking an Marketing Director for our Tokyo office. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression.
Marketing Director – Japan is a critical position accountable for all marketing activities by leading the Digital Marketing, Design Creative, Artist Marketing, Event, PR, Advertisement and Trade Marketing to plan and execute marketing initiatives, campaigns and creative work-streams across the marketing organization.
- Build, lead and manage an effective, detail-oriented, highly collaborative and technically-savvy, Marketing team able to establish, manage and evolve a common, integrated planning framework, processes & procedures and governance model for marketing team and internal business partners to leverage
- Follow (but if needed adjust to local market needs by obtaining the necessary approvals) the rolling Global FMIC Marketing Calendar, to ensure all key product and brand initiatives for any given year are clearly sequenced & prioritized, budgeted for, and have KPI’s defined across Product, Marketing, Sales and Operations
- Establish, manage and build an effective, on-going, consumer insights process to deepen FMCJ’s understanding of its current/core, and future/new consumers within the context of the overall brand planning calendar, and to inform the development of brand-, marketing- and product-level concepts, strategies and overall brand positioning efforts
- Own and drive the FMCJ Marketing dashboard including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of activation, ROI, performance to KPI’s and other presentations and reports as needed. Includes campaign, product launch and initiative-spend analysis
- Support planning, management and maintenance of operating budgets for FMCJ Marketing to drive efficiency and effectiveness in conjunction with impacted marketing and sales functions. Maintain record of budgeting and planning for financial governance and reporting
- Establish and generate marketing reporting and analytics that measure impact/ROI of the marketing function
- Oversee all marketing functions including, but not limited to, scheduling and production of concepts, lead generation, contract negotiation, database management, legal submissions, cost control, performance tracking, efficiency management, and systems management
Education and/or Certifications and/ or Training
- Required: University Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Design or a related field or the equivalent level of experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum Professional Experience
- Requires 7-10 years of progressive management experience in marketing field within a multi-category, omni-channel B2C marketing organization or advertising agency.
- 7-10 years’ in a similar role responsible for the Public Relations and Corporate Communications strategies for Japan relevant, consumer-driven brands and/or agencies in Music, Lifestyle, Fashion/Luxury Goods and/or Media, in both B2B or B2C environments.
- 7-10 years’ experience directing the planning, production and execution of multiple marketing projects and creative work-streams across digital, media, events, advertising, retail and other relevant consumer channels within a global organization or agency.
- 7+ years’ experience managing external agencies and freelance resources and comfortable negotiating, formalizing and tracking agency & freelance resource agreements.
Business Knowledge, Skill Requirements, and Desired Attributes
- A proven track-record launching multiple consumer products and brand campaigns to broad consumers across mass media, while balancing targeted influencer/media strategies with core verticals by leveraging digital and social media platforms, channels, applications and tools
- Experience managing & leading an effective consumer insights & consumer research protocol and resources to drive concept development and brand positioning within an agency or lifestyle brand
- Strategic leadership and experience providing the documentation, templates and process to support effective marketing planning, calendar development, product launch timing and integrated marketing daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual work-streams
- Demonstrated ability to apply metrics and analysis to illustrate results
- Ability to effectively work with customers, sales people, and vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational / project management skills
- Capability of juggling a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts between departments
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities
- Problem solving and escalation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- People Management, coaching and development skills are strongly required
- Setting goals and achieving results
- Driving team performance and maximizing team resources and time
- Business level English language proficiency
- PC skills and relevant IT literacy
- Full bilingual capability both in English and Japanese
About the Company
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
Fender Music Corporation was founded in April 2015 as FMIC's Japan subsidiary and headquarters for the Asia Pacific region. Based in Tokyo, Fender Music Corporation is responsible for product sales, quality control, customer support, promotion, and the overall marketing of FMIC brands. It also develops and markets original Fender products in Japan and provides a variety of businesses and services to meet the needs of all players at home and abroad.