Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
At Figma we are creating a community of practice where our users can connect, learn, and advance their skills through sharing with each other. Our Designer Advocates are at the core of our Figma Community — online, in written and video content, and in live interactions with our users. This Designer Advocate will be a key partner to support our sales and marketing team in helping add design credibility and product knowledge to our messaging and conversations with users and new teams looking to adopt Figma. If you love Figma and already find yourself already advocating Figma to everyone you know, reach out!
- Enable Figma users at scale: Write standard methodology guides, build resources, and host live streams to help our users better understand how to use the tool and encourage others to share their findings and experiences
- Sales enablement: For key high value accounts, join sales demos to explain the product, share best practices, and answer in-depth questions.
- Motivate and empower the community: Maintain and establish relationships with users in the community and find opportunities to collaborate.
- Events: Speak regularly at meetups and conferences. Support Figma community advocates leading events worldwide
- Advocate for users with the product team. Keep a pulse on community sentiment on product releases and emerging themes. Share product feedback from the community with PM & Design in an organized, systematic way. Act as trusted advisor for launches to prepare for community reaction.
- Figma expertise and real world experience using it within a team
- Native level Japanese proficiency is required as well as business fluency in English
- Experience in dealing with large enterprise customers and effectively managing complex technical challenges
- Passion for interacting the design community
- Comfort presenting to large groups of people
- Knowledge of product design workflows and is well versed in design systems (in Figma and more broadly)
- An understanding of the evolving challenges of design teams at scale and how designers work with design adjacent roles
- An entrepreneurial mindset and joy for iterating on projects from early experimental ideas through to completion
- Comfort-level with up to 25% of travel (post-COVID)
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Design and build new Figma workshops and guides around specific Figma themes
- Collaborate with marketing to host livestreams with customers in Japan
- Work closely with a large customer to support their trial with Q&A sessions and workshops
- Figma community resources that could be used to help someone get started using Figma
- Start an in-region demo to introduce new users in Japan to our products
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
About the Company
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.