6,751,521 JPY on average (est)
As a Gensler Brand Designer, you will provide leadership for designers by managing projects effectively and ensuring the achievement of creative excellence by supporting and driving Gensler’s creative vision and beliefs – ‘Designing experiences’.
Under the direction of a Design Director, you will help develop and understand design strategy to deliver the best possible creative solution with consideration of budget for the client and Gensler. The majority of projects cover wayfinding, environmental graphic design and brand activation.
- Coordinates projects with outside resources to facilitate production of deliverables
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients’ requirements
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms
- Provides back-up and archiving for future reference
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Gensler network
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner
- Provide leadership for designers by managing project assignments
- Conducts conceptual exploration, including drawing, sketching, research and thumbnails
- Establishes directions and design solutions; ensures implementation of directions from concept through production
- Able to put forward a point of view not just on their own work but the work of others.
- Proficiency in all creative software
- May lead project for a client engagements of appropriate size and scope or on the specialized needs of a client project across areas of expertise
- Proven ability to be handle multiple projects/tasks at one time
- Integrating the planning and concept with brand design, wayfinding, environmental graphics programs and consumer experience
- 5+ years of experience and with a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design with experience in environmental graphic design projects such as signage and wayfindings, or brand design projects.
- Fluent in English or Japanese, bilingual is a plus
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite softwares
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of reading architectural plans, sections, elevations is a plus
- Experience with Sketchup, Premiere, Keynote is a plus
To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format.
About the Company
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to research grants to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.