As a Gensler Project Manager, you have a successful track record of managing all phases of projects and will have overall project responsibility for client satisfaction, quality control and financial performance. You will deploy resources to ensure that the work process flows smoothly and act as the primary liaison between the team and client. This is a great opportunity to join a highly creative, collaborative team while working on trendsetting architectural projects across a variety of industries.
Collaborate with the in-house architecture / interior team members to create contents as you:
- Communicate with clients and internal/external team members
- Implement one or more client projects through the leadership of project teams; Provide leadership to client and team by communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule
- Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and contractors
- Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees; bid projects to multiple general contractors
- Track and manage financial performance of project for success (e.g., work plan, schedule, fees, change orders, billings and collections)
- Manage project lifecycle; estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, and project close-out
- 5 -10+ years of experiences in video, advertising and/or digital industry
- Leadership skills to take responsibility for the project and drive it to the end
- Ability to properly organize and understand client business requirements and issues
- Team management and communication skills with internal/external members
- Able to communicate fluently in Japanese and English, both verbal and writing
- Work experience at production company is preferred
- Interests in creativity, innovation and new ways of expression are preferable
About the Company
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to research grants to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.