At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify product strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition informed by user needs and insights. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Design Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. They have a practiced eye for effective design, and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
- Manage key strategic efforts that drive growth for Google Search in Japan.
- Leverage creative, product, and user knowledge to design features that help the team deliver on its goals.
- Translate user needs and business goals to drive design decisions. Deliver on UI design, from strategy to pixels.
- Evolve foundational frameworks and interaction patterns to ensure cohesion and standards across Search.
- Partner with and influence engineering, PM, data science, and marketing partners. Work effectively across organizational boundaries with core feature teams.
- Experience in project, team, and people leadership within a UX or Design organization.
- 10 years of experience working as a UX Designer or a similar role.
- A design portfolio that demonstrates design principles for web and/or mobile platforms.
- Experience with presenting to different audiences.
- Experience leading teams with a focus on mentoring.
- Experience working with the Japanese market.
- Ability to build influential relationships and deliver results in a cross-functional/matrixed environment.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese fluently.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
Our mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.