The Google Payments team is operating in one of the most dynamic and fast-paced environments today, and the Consumer Payments team is leading the charge on many fronts. The industry is undergoing a change as technologies and interaction patterns evolve, and Google Pay is leading the way and trying to build the next generation of how users interact with money.
The Payments team at Google is operating in this dynamic environment, with an ambitious goal of building a product and ecosystem that unlocks opportunity for users, merchants, and financial institutions. We are in the midst of high growth and innovation on a global scale that focuses on putting users and their financial needs first.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Drive complex design system projects and provide great storytelling to build cross-functional and cross-product alignment.
- Build wireframes and prototypes that communicate ideas, challenges, or decisions-points.
- Collaborate with other product disciplines (e.g., Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to arrive at a collective product direction, understanding, and requirements.
- Advocate for user needs through delivering engaging and clear insights and actionable recommendations to the team.
- Conduct or coordinate research to strategize across the development cycle. This ranges from identifying opportunities to bring new products and evaluating post-launch to ensure that the products offer utility and delight to users.
- 6 years of experience in UX Design
- Portfolio with experience designing mobile and web applications in Japan
- 8 years of experience in UX Design
- Experience designing across multiple consumer products
- Experience designing, implementing, or evolving design frameworks
- Experience in strategic launches in complex or ambiguous spaces
- Experience in with quantitative or qualitative user research
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese fluently in order to effectively communicate with representatives from external stakeholders in-market, who may be from Japan
Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.