As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for building cloud-security solutions used by thousands of enterprise companies. Our flagship product, HENNGE One, provides functionalities ranging from access control, email filtering, online storage, and email archiving. We focus on implementing state-of-the-art security functionalities, ensuring SLA 99.9% in distributed fault-tolerant deployment, and providing the best user experience to our customers.
We’re currently looking for a senior front-end engineer (React) to join our fast-paced growing team.
- Design, develop, and maintain innovative features based on business needs
- Bring our design system to life by implementing high-fidelity UI using a modern frontend framework
- Ensure high-quality deliverables through CI/CD pipelines, tests, and documentation
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management and Customer Success teams to continuously improve the product
- Support the team by actively participating in discussions and reviewing others’ code
- Improve team synergy and mentor junior engineers
- 3 years of web development experience, with at least two years in React.
- Ability to write proper type-safe code with Typescript
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to write robust tests along with your code
- Understand the importance of clean code and software documentation
- Business-level English (Japanese is NOT required)
- Last but not least, fits with open source and hacker culture
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields
- Experience with state management in a complex web app (e.g. Redux, Vuex)
- Familiarity with design collaboration tools like Figma
- Knowledge setting up build and test environments, CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Unix-like environment
- Team leadership experience
- React: experience with Hooks, css-in-js libraries
About the Company
HENNGE is a leading cloud-based security provider in Japan, delivering an additional security layer to companies that move their operations to the cloud. Our service HENNGE One has over 70% market share for cloud security services targeting Microsoft 365/Google Workspace in Japan. We are growing fast and are a listed company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Our Tech Stack
Each product team is free to choose their own tech stack. Each project uses Typescript as the base language, with a combination of these technologies:
- Styled Components
- Redux (Toolkit)
- Jest/Testing Library
For more information, you can also check our Stackshare page out.
- Flexible working hours
- Work-from-home option available
- Insurance: Health, Employment, Industrial Injury, Welfare pension
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Supporting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Opportunities to attend international and domestic conferences
- Financial support for technical certifications and technical learning programs
Reasons why you will enjoy working at HENNGE
- HENNGE offers a diverse development team with people from over 10 different countries who love both technology and Japanese culture. Located in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, HENNGE offers a non-traditional Japanese experience working in Shibuya, one of the busiest and most exciting places in the world.
- Work-life balance is highly valued at HENNGE, and lots of fun happens at our office! Weekly board game nights, seasonal in-house events, monthly technical sessions, attendance of international tech conferences, new business contests, and many more.
- Having our CEO acting as the CTO, we are driven to continuously explore and develop the latest technologies.
- Fill out the application form below and submit it.
- Solve our coding challenge. (You will be receiving an email with guidance from us upon your submission). You will get asked to write a bit of Svelte code but no worries, this position is for React frontend engineer. We believe that adaptability and flexibility with various technical stacks are important.
- Upload your CV and Cover Letter
- Casual interview with our HR
- 2 (or 3) interviews with our engineers
- Interview with our CEO