As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for building cloud-security solutions used by thousands of enterprise companies. Our flagship product, HENNGE One, provides functionalities ranging from access control, email filtering, online storage, and email archiving. We focus on implementing state-of-the-art security functionalities, ensuring SLA 99.9% in distributed fault-tolerant deployment, and providing the best user experience to our customers.
We’re currently looking for senior Python engineers to join our fast-paced growing team.
- Design, develop, and maintain innovative features based on business needs
- Design scalable and fault-tolerant architecture in a distributed cloud deployment
- Ensure high quality deliverables through CI/CD pipelines, tests, and documentation
- Improve team synergy and mentor junior engineers
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management and Customer Success teams to continuously improve the product
- Our tech stack: Python 3, asyncio, NoSQL, AWS, Docker. For more details, you can also check our Stackshare page out
- 3 years of experience with Python backend development
- Strong background building scalable web applications in Python
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Ability to automate deployments via CI/CD pipelines
- Understand the importance of clean code and software documentation
- Business level English (Japanese is NOT required)
- Last but not least, fit with open source and hacker culture
Nice to have
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Deep experience with AWS
- Experience with asyncio based web frameworks in Python
- Knowledge of security concepts and technologies
- Deep knowledge of Linux environment
- Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
- Team leadership experience
About the Company
HENNGE is a leading cloud-based security provider in Japan, delivering an additional security layer to companies which move their operations to the cloud. Our service HENNGE One has over 70% market share for cloud security services targeting Microsoft 365/Google Workspace in Japan. We are growing fast and are a listed company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home available
- Insurance: Health, Employment, Industrial Injury, Welfare pension
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Supporting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Opportunities to attend international and domestic conferences
- Financial support for technical certifications and technical learning programs
Reasons why you will enjoy working at HENNGE
- HENNGE offers a diverse development team with people from over 10 different countries who love both technology and Japanese culture. Located in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, HENNGE offers a non-traditional Japanese experience working in Shibuya, one of the busiest and most exciting places in the world.
- Work-life balance is highly valued at HENNGE, and lots of fun happens at our office! Weekly board game nights, seasonal in-house events, monthly technical sessions, attendance of international tech conferences, new business contests, and many more.
- Having our CEO acting as the CTO, we are driven to continuously explore and develop the latest technologies.
Learn more about our company culture here.
- Solve our coding challenge
- Upload your CV and Cover Letter
- Casual interview with our HR
- 2 (or 3) interviews with our engineers
- Interview with our CEO