H&M North East Asia Region is bringing our Design Hub into this region so we can optimize & localize our products to fulfill the needs of fashion trends in the Japanese & Korean markets.
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for the collection in all channels – the right current fashion, clear visual objectives, and coordination.
- Utilize customer, fashion, competitor, and selling insights to develop the best Customer offer
- Based on insights, apply a visionary and commercial approach to ask the question - what´s next for the target customer?
- Identify and communicate key fashion products/materials/colors/silhouettes/prints, relevant to the target customer and in line with the creative goal and the assortment strategy
- Collaborate and give input on the assortment strategy for your department/category
- Collaborate to set a timeline that enables product development for your department/ category that is both creative and efficient
- Collaborate to secure a modular and efficient component strategy and process
- Main responsible for the design of the products in your department/category
- Collaborate with the product team to secure all necessary aspects of the product such as fit & size, print, timeline, price, and profitability
- Main responsible to bring correct artworks/product specifications to enable an efficient sample process
- Review product prototypes and samples, revise when needed
- Coordinate the products in terms of fit, color, prints, and materials into a coherent, current, and commercial collection/category
- Collaborate across departments/categories to enable the coordination of products
- Secure that all articles planned are in line with the H&M Print & Product Policy, meeting both legal and ethical requirements
- Always being up to date with selling insights for the department/category
- Based on identified keys and fashion insights, give input on the global ranking of the assortment
- Self-motivated and take ownership to learn and develop an improved way of working
- Responsible for developing a design process for your department/category that is creative, collaborative, and efficient
- Degree in fashion design (BA or MA) or equivalent experience. 5+ years experience working with Fashion design.
- In-depth knowledge of the fashion and/or retail industry and a strong sense of style and trends relevant to the target customer(s)
- Customer-centric mindset with a clear understanding of the target customer(s)
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
- Well-developed sense of color and how to create commercial color combinations
- Ability to create current and commercial products that meet requirements in terms of fashion level, price, quality, and sustainability
- Knowledge regarding materials, trims, and components for the type of products that are relevant to the assignment
- Knowledge regarding the construction of the type of products that are relevant for the assignment.
- Understanding of how technical aspects will influence the design of the product and vice versa
- Need to proficiently handle relevant tools and systems
- Leadership skills to support the junior product designer in their development and in the work process
H&M Brand is on a journey to again become a truly customer-focused company. In line with our Rewind and Fast Forward strategy, we want to achieve clear ownership, fuel our salesmanship, enable speed, and build on our passion for the customer throughout the organization.
Region North East Asia is one of the 11 regions within the H&M Group and has its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. The Region portfolio consists of more than 150 stores across Japan and Korea– with its unique customer trend in fashion.