6,960,000 JPY on average (est)
We are seeking an innovative individual to join our Labs team at Instagram in Tokyo, Japan. As a member of our Labs team, you will have the exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of angle-changing products that anticipate the future needs of the Instagram community, unlocking new value and enhancing user experiences. Product Designers at Instagram play a central role in the way we build products, ensuring our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. By focusing on people and doing the simple things first, we develop quality experiences for some of the world’s biggest, most challenging problems. You will help creatively solve big, complicated, real-world problems. In this role, you will utilize a full range of product design skills to contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams. Join a diverse group of thinkers and do some of the most meaningful work of your career.
- Conduct analysis to identify emerging trends, technologies, and user behaviors that can be leveraged to create innovative products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ideate, design, and prototype angle-changing products that push the boundaries of Instagram's offerings
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our Instagram community and drive product strategy
- Design leading-edge concepts through the craft of end-to-end flows which impact broad sets of users at scale while using the appropriate prototyping tools
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve visual systems
- Play an active role in communicating strategic decisions around the future direction of Instagram
- Give and solicit feedback from a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship and coaching opportunities
- Lead a partnership with Product Managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch
- 10+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at company-level scale level, leading the end-to-end experience within a large-scale, ambiguous domain
- 10+ years of interaction design experience with knowledge defining and evangelizing how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale and examples of the use of appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular interaction will work
- 10+ years of visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- 10+ years of strategic product thinking with the experience developing product goals, identifying opportunities in a global market, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to senior executives, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, high-fidelity prototypes, and consideration of the impact and scale of work
- Experience connecting your work with other industry-leading related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Examples of leadership in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment
About the Company
More than one billion people around the world use Instagram, and we’re proud to be bringing them closer to the people and things they love. Instagram inspires people to see the world differently, discover new interests, and express themselves.
Since launching in 2010, our community has grown at a rapid pace. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we’re looking for talent across engineering, product management, design, research, analytics, technical program management, operations, and more. In addition to our headquarters in Menlo Park, we have thriving offices in New York City and San Francisco where teams are doing impactful work every day.