5,437,271 JPY on average (est)
Are you a problem solver? A connector? Someone who enjoys helping others? JMP is committed to empowering scientists and engineers via our statistical discovery software.
If this interests you, keep reading. You might just be the next person to join this dynamic, growing, and global team.
What you’ll do
As the JMP Marketing Manager, responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy and/or programs in support of company goals. Manages staff to accomplish results through leading, planning, and implementing methods, strategies, and business initiatives. Leverages domain and industry expertise.
- Directs the development of company marketing programs and services
- Uses analytics to provide key business insights for data driven decision making
- Drive and accelerate pipeline growth for the Japan region by developing and executing a full funnel, integrated marketing strategy
- Take ownership of marketing pipeline targets for Japan and support overall business objectives by effectively utilizing marketing levers
- Establish KPIs and KGIs for each marketing activity and track and report gaps in a timely manner
- Interacts with internal staff, clients/customers, subcontractors, and applicable JMP departments
- Responsible for leadership in two or more of the following marketing functions: Go-To-Market Marketing, Digital, Analyst Relations, Market Research, Campaign and Events, Customer References, Marketing Contact Center, or Social Media
- Identifies marketing opportunities through market research, customer feedback, analytics and best practices
- Collaborate with the Global marketing and product teams to achieve goals, requirements and priorities set for the Japan team
- Represents JMP with third party vendors and partners to support marketing objectives and goals
- Communicate accurate and timely reports on the performance of your marketing initiatives to the global team & other stakeholders
- Performs all functions related to leading and managing a dynamic team, including: determining resource needs and making requests for personnel, equipment, and other resources; recruiting, interviewing, and selecting new employees; setting and communicating performance standards and providing performance feedback and coaching; encouraging and fostering skill development and professional growth
- Establishes and prioritizes department responsibilities/objective relative to the group, department, division, and corporate goals. Ensure that projects are completed on time following established procedures and schedules
- Provides project leadership and works directly on projects as group or department needs dictate
- Identifies current practices and emerging trends in area of marketing functional experience
- Exercises independent judgment in marketing project development, implementation, and support
- Involves upper management in major decisions
- Communicates and/or presents group or department activities to JMP employees, customers, prospective customers, alliance partners, and industry analysts, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in roles related to Growth Marketing or Digital Marketing in a relevant industry
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Experience using data analysis software products, supporting data analysis software products, or its marketing experience is a plus
- Experience with systems platforms such as Salesforce
- Basic knowledge of IT
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques, channels, business partner relationship development strategies, and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment
- Experience managing budgets and timelines, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, clients, and external partners
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, clients, and external partners
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify issues and develop effective solutions
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to maintaining high standards for project quality, including accuracy, consistency, relevance, and accessibility
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with content management systems and document control systems, digital marketing tools（ Adobe CMS, HubSpot）
- Position is based on the Tokyo (hybrid work)
- Ability to travel
About the Company
For more than 30 years, we’ve been making JMP statistical discovery software tailored to the needs of scientists and engineers. John Sall, SAS co-founder and Executive Vice President, is also the creator of JMP. What started out as Sall’s passion project has grown -- by leaps and bounds -- into a family of statistical software products that are used worldwide in nearly every industry.
We say that great software in the right hands can change the world. We say it because we’ve seen it. We’ve seen scientists and engineers use JMP to speed new drugs to market, to design better products and processes, to figure out how to restore ecosystems. You get the idea. Advancements are made when brilliant people use JMP statistical discovery software to see what they’ve not seen before.
JMP works with some of the world's most successful brands. Read more about how JMP's customers are changing the world in our Customer Stories.
It’s spelled J-M-P but pronounced “jump.” You can remember us this way: JMP users don’t jump to conclusions; they spring into action.
No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. We work to maintain a culture of camaraderie that allows the personalities of our diverse and inclusive employee base to shine through.
JMP core values include ensuring that all staff members have meaningful roles, feel connected to JMP users, connected to each other, and are positive about their futures. And our leadership believes in finding the right balance between work and life, knowing that happy and healthy people bring passion and energy to their jobs.