We’re looking for product design leaders to help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re not building a fintech company here. We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
- Lead teams of designers in creating high quality, delightful experiences for Kraken customers
- Manage, coach, and grow the careers of designers on your team
- Provide hands-on design direction and lead your team in creative exercises designed to produce outstanding work
- Negotiate relationships with engineering and product management counterparts to provide a friendly, collaborative environment for your team to do its best work
- Represent Design as an equal leg of the three-legged Engineering/Product/Design stool
- Contribute to the improvement and operations of the Design team, sometimes outside your main focus area
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of high-performing designers
- A focus not just on the quality of output but also the health and happiness of team members and the design organization as a whole
- A proactive attitude of seeking out opportunities to fix and improve things wherever you go, even if they are not within your direct remit
- Ability to help translate business needs from other departments into actionable plans for your team
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.