Mechanical design of equipment
- Design equipment according to technical requirement as defined by contract, class rules and MCG standard within given quality, time and cost.
- Responsibility for design planning and updating Design Responsible.
- Follow up of design schedule.
- Assist DR/CM/Purchase responsible in technical discussions with customers and subcontractors.
- Layout design
- Adapt concept to contract requirements
- Interface to ship or shore structure
- Kinematics of equipment through operation
- Perform calculations as agreed with item responsible
- Collate and archive calculations
- Operation sequence of allocated equipment
- Weight calculations, force calculations and technical solutions
- Detail design and production of design drawings.
- Technical correctness of the design and drawings.
- Planning and follow-up of allocated design work.
- Design hours estimation / forecasting of allocated work
- Production of technical administrative documentation
- Support DR / Tendering with all deviations from contract with technical or commercial impact.
- Attending layout / design review meetings
- Support to CM / Purchase Function in technical matters.
- Achieve the other work according to superior's order.
- Basic knowledge of material mechanics, theory of mechanics and mechanical design, ideally B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on experience with mechanical engineering, ideally within Marine industry
MacGregor is a leader in sustainable maritime cargo and load handling with a strong portfolio of products, services and solutions, all designed to perform with the sea. Shipbuilders, shipowners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.