We are seeking a talented and passionate User Interface Designer to join our team to be responsible for managing design systems and driving visual experience across our new mobile app and other projects. You will be part of a growing design team, working closely also with our product and tech team, to improve and maintain a meditation mobile application. You will participate in and oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with members of cross-functional teams to conceptualize, prototype, and design usable, useful, and beautiful user interfaces. This role is remote and reports to the team lead in Berlin.
You are a customer-focused, detail-oriented, creative UI designer who tackles complex problems with deep brand awareness and refined aesthetics. You have experience with various digital initiatives and you’ve designed several mobile and web applications in the past. You should have experience designing web components for mobile and desktop use, and creating and maintaining design systems in general. You can produce interactive prototypes and test them with users in a rigorous, data-driven way. You can demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design principles. You have broad experience and a deep understanding of people’s behavior to recommend UI solutions to customer needs.
- Create and refine the visual design for our interfaces and digital products.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a unified, flexible design system for our digital products.
- Evaluate and set best practices and visual design standards.
- Design useful, usable, and desirable interfaces while considering research findings, business goals, and requirements.
- Work with stakeholders on translating brand identity into design for our products.
- Collaborate with our Engineering team on making sure designs are implemented correctly.
- 4-6 years of experience as a UI Designer within a large-scale consumer-facing organization, digital agency, or media company.
- Broad experience in designing web and mobile apps and the ability to create lightweight prototypes for testing.
- Experience in designing web and mobile components, and creating/maintaining design systems.
- Experience working with designers and developers in an agile work environment.
- Deep care about aesthetics and a great eye for typography, layout, and visual design in general.
- A strong track record backed by an outstanding portfolio showcasing the latest works.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Experience with Storybook is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely.
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in meditation.
About Maharishi Foundation International
Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organizations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of nearly 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organization, we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programs more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.