Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Senior Full-stack Software Engineer with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
- Work closely with Architects, Application Owners, other development team for application design and implementation
- Take a lead of development activities such as design documents review, source code review created by 3rd party vendors and assure quality including security and performance
- Foster Agile and DevOpsSec culture in IS division along with team members
- Leverage cloud native solutions for architecture design and process optimization
- Responsible for the deployment and integration of platform architectures; provides performance enhancements through automation and pushes for enhanced reliability to support product development
Required Skills & Experiences (Must Have)
- Advanced communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Flexibility and adaptability in challenging environment
- Self-starter and able to have curiosity anything related to both technology and business
- Overall knowledge/experience in IT / More than 5 years
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Japanese
- Experience of Microservices development (Kubernetes (AKS) or PCF)
- Experience of pipeline building of DevOps (Using Jenkins, Concourse, SonarQube, Snyk etc)
- Basic information/cyber security knowledge
- Self-explanatory documenting skill
- Familiar with architecture design patterns including event driven architecture
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry and open-source technologies
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure technologies
- Familiar with virtual infrastructure running Ubuntu/Redhat Linux and Windows operating systems
- Vendor management skill
Skill & Experiences (A Plus)
- TOEIC 700 and more, JLTP N2 and more
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Java EE Web Services Developer certified
- Spring Professional certified
- Microsoft Technical solution certified (Azure)
- Kubernetes certified
What Motivates You?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
About the Company
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
Our Commitment to You
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
What Can We Offer You
- A competitive salary and benefits packages
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills
- A focus on growing your career path with us
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
Internal Guidelines About Work from Home
- Hybrid work setting as a company policy while eligible for Telework based on agreement by Team Lead.
- Depending on projects there could be up 40 hours of overtime monthly.
- Based on our Work Rules, we will consider your experience, skills and knowledge when we decide the salary
- Commutation allowance and Variable Incentive Bonus are paid based on our Work Rules
- Standard Working Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Include 1 hour break. Flex-time system available)
- Social Insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Accident Insurance), Benefit One, Training system (include Japanese lesson / English lesson), Childcare Leave/Family care Leave, Baby-sitter support program, wiwiw System (Support program for those who take Childcare Leave), Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee).
- Saturdays and Sundays
- National Holidays
- Year-end and new year holidays (December 30, December 31, January 2 and January 3)
- Annual Paid Holiday
- For Regular employee, other special holidays are available (e.g. Anniversary Leave, etc.)
- Hatsudai Head Office, Tokyo Opera City, 3-20-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Japan