- You will help foster and facilitate the conversation around design and design thinking within McKinsey and throughout the broader community.
- You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process.
- You’ll be responsible for the overall quality of design output and its contribution to project objectives, actively collaborating with McKinsey consultants and development leads to engage clients throughout the project. You will manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals, milestones and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- You’ll direct other designers in the development of interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that present a realistic feel of the intended experience.
- You will also work with the engagement manager to issue regular status reports, troubleshoot problem areas and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- You’ll use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.) and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to integrate design outputs into the broader business and strategic context.
- You will inspire innovative approaches to design using creative facilitation techniques.
- You will lead client meetings, internal company workshops, concept sprints and external design events.
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, interface design, human computer interaction, service design, (graphic) design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years of experience as a principal-level designer or other similar title
- Relevant industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship
- Interaction and visual design skills including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle; good experience with MS Office applictions
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation); ability to be a thought partner/coach to clients and internal team
- Experience leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team with a proven track record building and managing world-class design teams
- Ability to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver and ensure highest quality deliverables
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Fluent in Japanese (speaking, reading and writing); business level English skills
- Willingness to travel to client sites approximately 90% of your time
About McKinsey & Company:
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions. We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world. We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.
English: business Japanese: fluent