About the Role
The Project Manager will work under the director of Client Insight Japan to perform project management activities in harmony with the team and all other stakeholders. The Project Manager will be responsible for the quality and performance of Client Insight Japan, ensuring that the correct controls, procedures and appropriate touch points are in place. The Project Manager will form part of the management team and will contribute to the ongoing design and optimisation of the department’s workflows, education initiatives and methodology innovation. He/She works closely with internal teams to develop goals and design and improve processes supporting customer deliverables, engagement and success. The work involves providing day-to-day guidance to the analytics and customer insights team as well as coordination with other departments for insight generation and reporting purposes. He/She should already be proficient at both people and project management, with exceptional soft skills and a proven track record of success.
About the Department: Global Delivery Services
Meltwater’s Professional Services team is responsible for curating bespoke reports and managing key projects in our premium customer portfolio. We deliver business-essential intelligence reports based on our keen analyses of various media outlets across traditional and social media channels. Client Insight Japan is one of the subsidiaries under Global Professional Services, stationed in Japan office.
Our core competency of high adaptability to client’s requirements comes from the unique team of individuals composed of diverse insights & analytical skillsets. We always strive to break new grounds, constantly focusing on solution-oriented approaches and at the same time developing every individual to his or her full capacity.
People Development & Management
- Actively participate in manpower planning, budgeting & hiring of team
- Perform scheduling/rostering of team on a weekly/monthly basis
- Attend leadership meetings to ensure alignment and cascading of goals
- Conduct 1:1s with team members for regular pulse check & retention
- Identify critical areas of development and design training pathways for the wider professional services organization.
- Define staff development strategies by coaching, mentoring and engaging in career discussions
- Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff
- Define effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Be a culture champion and change agent - assist to build and drive the overall culture and vision of the team by leading by example, while also nurturing the development and potential of each team member. Drive change with a positive mindset and help the organization with its objectives.
Supporting Technical & Operational Skills
- Ability to provide inputs on existing customer measurement infrastructure and requirements to meet organisation's research and analytics objectives
- Manage projects to meet schedules, budget, manpower and technical quality targets
- Manage project discipline to document scope changes, issues and risks that affect implementation
- Develop plans for data analytics and market research projects in alignment with business objectives
- Identify data sources for data analytics and newer ways to leverage already available data
- Implement data quality control standards and methods
- Assist users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve issues associated with project implementation
- Support regular project reviews to recommend schedule changes, cost or resource adjustments
- Accurately scope and quote for new business opportunities - use your business acumen to identify key deliverables for clients in various industries and departments.
- Partner with the Sales teams to qualify business opportunities and scoping/pricing new potential projects.
- Assist the team in onboarding new clients, whilst identifying the key issues and steps needed for a successful onboarding process.
- Meet with the clients to scope out what they are in need, to better plan/execute the team’s deliveries, to provide consultation from data analytics point of view, or to present report deliverables upon request by Sales org.
- Collaborate across different teams and stay up-to-date on industry changes, to maintain an edge in proposing best-in-class media insights reports and deliverables for clients
- Analyze data sets and review standard of reporting / project deliverables done by the teams, ensuring that reports are sent to clients within SLAs and in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Assist in coordinating the different teams for different project including partners and vendors where applicable.
- Work with inter-department personnel like enablement leads, sales, HR etc to ensure upkeep of the system
- Ensure smooth communication with clients at regular intervals in written/verbal format as appropriate
- At least 3 years' experience as a team lead or team manager, managing 3 or more people, alternatively running a large project team
- At least 3 years direct project management experience and clear track record of success
- Bachelors degree in any field
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently at a native-level in Japanese and business level in English - we will only consider candidates with exceptional spelling and grammar skills
- Relevant industry experience in media insights, reporting & analytics, traditional or social media, media agencies & public relations, digital marketing, or marketing & communications
- Experience working with Enterprise clients, with Japan government agencies, or other entities that closely work with government agencies
- Knowledge of SaaS-based media tech and platforms, and media measurement KPIs
- Statistical modeling and data mining techniques, and analytical tools and languages such as SQL, Python, R, database products etc are preferred but not compulsory
- Data visualization and dashboard tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables)
- Research methodologies and basic analysis methods
- Project Management methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, or Critical Path Method
- PMBOK certification is a plus
About the Company
At Meltwater, we believe that when you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. Our best-in-class technology empowers our 27,000 customers around the world to analyze over a billion pieces of data each day and make better business decisions.
Our award-winning culture is our north star and drives everything we do – from striving to create an environment where all employees do their best work, to delivering customer value by continuously innovating our products — and making sure to celebrate our successes and have fun along the way.
We’re proud of our diverse team of 2,200+ employees in 50 locations across 25 countries around the world. No matter where you are, you’ll work with people who care about your success and get the support you need to reach your goals.
So, in a nutshell, that's Meltwater. We love working here, and we think you will too.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Fast career progression and empowerment in your role
- Flat hierarchy with diverse, high-performance & collaborative teams
- Global presence and a uniquely Meltwater culture like no other
- Both flexible work arrangement & vibrant office space with a well-stocked pantry
- Generous vacation leave
- Monthly fitness allowance
- Training programs, conferences, seminars for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Commute support（通勤手当）
- Fun team outings
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.