About the Role: Senior Analyst for Government Agencies
The Senior Analyst is responsible for tracking, compiling and reporting customer research metrics that are derived from multiple data points in order to support business decisions.
This role requires the analyst to compile data from multiple customer measurement tools, social media platforms, market research studies and other data channels and organise the data in formats suitable for analysis. He/she performs data analysis using defined tools and techniques and delivers insights across various customer segments, genres and media platforms. He also supports the development of reports based on data analytics findings. The work involves data collection, analysis, insight generation and reporting to various departments as required.
The Senior Analyst will work within a larger professional services team to support Enterprise client deliverables, all while thriving in a fast-growing and versatile organization that offers you empowerment and autonomy.
About the Department:
Meltwater’s Delivery Services team is responsible for curating bespoke reports and managing key projects of our biggest clients. We deliver business-essential intelligence reports based on our keen analyses of various media outlets across traditional and social media channels.
Our core competency of high adaptability to client’s requirements comes from the unique team of individuals composed of diverse insights & analytical skillsets. We always strive to break new grounds, constantly focusing on solution-oriented approaches and at the same time developing every individual to his or her full capacity.
Technical & Operational
- Provide technical inputs to the planning of data analytics and market research projects
- Provide inputs on the effectiveness of current available metrics and the feasibility of data collection for the development of new metrics for research projects
- Develop checklists and tracking tools to ensure adherence to data quality control standards
- Conceive templates, dashboards and other visualisation tools for specific projects
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses in the execution of research projects
- Assess data quality to gauge suitability for analysis
- Generate reports to share insights from research and analysis with other departments and/or stakeholders
- Manage internal & external stakeholder interactions to ensure alignment of deliverables according to requirements/SLAs set by clients
- Identify data sources for data analytics and newer ways to leverage already available data
- Implement data quality control standards and methods
- Assist users, technical staff and management to determine and resolve issues associated with project implementation
- Assist Project Managers in onboarding new clients, whilst identifying the key issues and steps needed for a successful onboarding process.
- Collaborate across different teams and stay up-to-date on industry changes, to maintain an edge in proposing best-in-class media insights reports and deliverables for clients
- Oversee efficiency of workflows - Proactively monitoring and reviewing workflows, identify potential workflow issues that require assessment & review with clients
- Analyze data sets and review standard of reporting / project deliverables done by the teams, ensuring that reports are sent to clients within SLAs and in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Develop a know-how of meltwater products to help enhance reports
- Execute complicated reports/in-depth analysis when needed
People Development & Management
- Be a culture champion - build and drive the overall culture and vision of the team by leading by example
- Ensure constant close communication with team to ensure any changes to deliverables are executed, delivered and archived accordingly
- Identify challenges within the team, including workflow, welfare and scheduling and feedback to management
- Team Development - Liaise with management to identify and execute training needed to optimise team's overall skills
- Ensure proper briefings, handovers and mentoring is done for team members to ensure support at all levels
- 3-4 years' experience as a Data Analyst having relevant industry experience.
- Relevant industry experience in Japan government agencies, or other companies closely working with those organizations
- Relevant industry experience in media insights / reporting & analytics / traditional or social media / media agencies & public relations / digital marketing / marketing & communications
- Experience working with Enterprise clients
- Project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Mathematics and/or Statistics modules or qualifications, at a university level, are preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently at a native-level in Japanese, business-level in English - we will only consider candidates with exceptional spelling and grammar skills
- Knowledge of SaaS-based media tech and platforms, and media measurement KPIs
- Data visualization and dashboard tools, such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc) - essential
- Statistical modelling and data mining techniques, and analytical tools and languages such as SQL, Python, R, etc - optional but preferred
- Research methodologies and basic analysis methods
- Strong analytical aptitude, with proven creative and critical thinking skills.
- Team player mentality with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Business acumen and strong executive presence
- Customer Experience (CX) knowledge/experience
- An understanding of PR and Marketing roles, responsibilities and KPIs
- Quality management
- Data analytics
- Data visualization
- Market research
- Stakeholder management
- Computational thinking
- Digital literacy
- Problem solving
- Team management
- Critical thiking
About the Company
At Meltwater, we believe that when you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. Our best-in-class technology empowers our 27,000 customers around the world to analyze over a billion pieces of data each day and make better business decisions.
Our award-winning culture is our north star and drives everything we do – from striving to create an environment where all employees do their best work, to delivering customer value by continuously innovating our products — and making sure to celebrate our successes and have fun along the way.
We’re proud of our diverse team of 2,200+ employees in 50 locations across 25 countries around the world. No matter where you are, you’ll work with people who care about your success and get the support you need to reach your goals.
So, in a nutshell, that's Meltwater. We love working here, and we think you will too.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Fast career progression and empowerment in your role
- Flat hierarchy with diverse, high-performance & collaborative teams
- Global presence and a uniquely Meltwater culture like no other
- Both flexible work arrangement & vibrant office space with a well-stocked pantry
- Generous vacation leave
- Monthly fitness allowance
- Training programs, conferences, seminars for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Commute support（通勤手当）
- Fun team outings
- And more…
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.