- Devise strategy proposals, plans, and a direction of development for the web version of Mercari
- Propose and implement new service plans and features based on the needs of both web and mobile users, and based on global trends
- Identify and correct factors that cause users to stop using our service in order to popularize Mercari as a platform for e-commerce across both the mobile and web versions of the product
- Create specifications for new projects and features, and implement them by working closely with engineers, designers, customer service representatives, and marketers
- Be responsible for product development processes and lead the product team’s development cycle
Unique and Bold Challenges
We work together to create a global marketplace, but the road to this goal is by no means easy. In order for us to take on completely unique challenges and create disruptive innovation, each individual takes ownership of team work and makes use of their expertise so that the team can create the best product possible. Our actions for achieving these goals are based on Mercari's three values: Go Bold, All for One, and Be a Pro.
The Mercari marketplace app has been downloaded by millions of users, and each individual user utilizes the service in their own particular way. As the number of users on Mercari web continues to increase, we need to continue to take on more challenges in order to develop the web app into a more comprehensive marketplace service.
Given this environment, the Product Manager position requires not only engineering skills and knowledge, but also the ability to identify interesting “seeds” from trends and user needs, and help those seeds grow and blossom. In addition, the person in this role must be able to work closely with marketers to create and grow products.
If you are interested in changing world values through the planning and implementation of bold ideas by teaming up with the diverse members who work at Mercari, then this is the role for you!
- Shared belief in the mission and values of Mercari Group and its various companies
- Three or more years of experience working as a project manager for internet/smartphone-related products (or similar experience)
- Experience working with engineers, test engineers, infrastructure teams, designers, etc. to create a service
- Experience creating specifications for engineers/test engineers
- Leadership and communication skills that can motivate and empower others
- Skill in leveraging data to make decisions
- Passion for the product
- Experience in launching or growing a web service
- Experience working with marketers to grow a web service
- Fundamental knowledge of engineering (programming, databases, microservices, infrastructure, and AI)
- Experience with Agile development; understanding of the software development cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with customer journey maps, UX design, information design, etc. to design and develop products with a focus on the users
- Experience boldly trying many different things and significantly boosting a service’s KPIs
- Data analysis skills (SQL, BigQuery)
- Tech-related degree from a four-year university or equivalent practical experience in a related job
- We may ask you to pitch an idea for how you would grow Mercari’s services.
- We may conduct your interview in English, regardless of your language ability. While we do not require flawless speaking ability, we will be checking to see how willing you are to engage in the conversation.
- Japanese:Proficient (CEFR - C1) required
- English:Independent (CEFR - B2) required
About the Company
“Circulate your value, anywhere and everywhere”
We believe that every one of us holds untapped potential and that everything has value regardless of its form. At Mercoin, we are creating products that help people unleash their potential, empowering them to create and circulate value. Beyond goods. Beyond money. We envision a world where anyone can easily exchange cryptoassets, digital assets, and any other forms of value, utilizing cutting-edge technologies to break the boundaries of what is possible.
To achieve our mission at Mercari, our organization and each of our employees share the same values and perspectives. Our individual guidelines for action are defined by our three values: Go Bold, All for One, and Be a Pro. Our organization is also shaped by our four foundations: Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Trust & Openness, and Well-being for Performance. Regardless of how big Mercari gets, the culture will remain essential to achieving our mission and something we want to preserve throughout our organization.
- Probationary period: First 3 months after joining the company. (During this period your contract conditions will be the same as that of a permanent employee.)
- Smoking is prohibited within our offices
- Mercari has introduced a work style policy called “Your Choice.” Each member is free to choose whether they want to work in the office or work fully remote. *Exceptions made for certain kinds of work.
- Full flextime (no core time)
*Does not apply to all positions
- Two days off per week (as well as national holidays, New Year's break, etc.)
- Paid leave, congratulatory and bereavement leave, relax days, sick leave
- Annual salary paid in 12 monthly installments (including fixed overtime allowance)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Complete health and social insurance
- Incentive program
- Support systems, including those that benefit employee family members
- Language learning support
- Translation/interpretation support
*See this page for details.