You will support a dedicated set of customers in identifying and achieving their business objectives through best-in-class digital engagement and partner co-selling. You will also have an opportunity to work cross-collaboratively while living our shared Enterprise and Digital Sales Culture priorities: Diverse and Inclusive, Wellbeing, Sustainability, Giving and Learning. If you have been described as customer obsessed and have a passion for digital-first solutions, we invite you to learn more about the Digital Sales Enterprise organization and the value we deliver to our customers, partners, and one another, every day.
The Enterprise Digital Specialist for Data and AI role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities from our Data and AI solution offerings . The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Azure, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue.
As a Enterprise Digital Specialist for Data and AI you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft Data and Artifical intelligence solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement Microsoft products and partner solutions.
- Enterprise Digital Data and AI Specialists play a crucial role in ensuring that new Microsoft Azure customers have a seamless onboarding experience and can easily deploy Azure workloads. To achieve this, Digital Specialists must have a deep understanding of the customer's data estate, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions using both Microsoft and third-party solutions.
- Digital Specialists must apply their technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet the business and IT needs of the customer, creating Data Platform, Analytics, and AI roadmaps that ensure the long-term technical viability of new deployments. They must also infuse key analytics technologies where appropriate, such as SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Factory, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Power BI, Fabric, and more.
- In addition, Digital Specialists must position Microsoft's AI portfolio, including Azure Open AI, cognitive services, Fabric, and more, to ensure that all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Be comfortable discussing and postioning complex technical solutions with a focus on business value with the CXO level.
Enjoys working in a Hybrid envoirnment with a focus onnusing Digital tools for customer interaction
- As the Voice of the Customer, Digital Specialists must share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers. They must assess the customer's knowledge of the Azure platform and overall cloud readiness, supporting them through a structured learning plan delivered through partners.
- Digital Specialists must collaborate with the broader Digital and field sales teams to develop complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform, working strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices. They must ensure operational excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets.
- To maintain their technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights, Digital Specialists must collaborate and share with the technical community and product teams.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required, ideally with a major or minor in the fields of computer science, mathematics or engineering.
Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Technology related sales or business development experience, particularly with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals.
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Japanese & English at a professional level is essential
Subject matter expertise in any of the following is preferred:
- SQL including OSS (postgres, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Synapse Analytics, Fabric , Data Lakehouse etc
- Data visualisation tools - Power BI and Fabric , Tableau , Qlik etc
- Open AI and all things in A.I space
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks etc.
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Cognitive Search
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python
- Competitive Landscape - Knowledge of cloud development platforms.
- Partners - Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- As a Digital Specialist, it is essential to have a strong understanding of the business possibilities of AI and be able to articulate them in a manner that is easily understood by Business Decision Makers. This involves being able to communicate the potential benefits and applications of AI technologies in a clear and concise way, and being able to translate technical concepts into business language.
- Japanese & English at a professional level is required for the role
About the Company
Every company has a mission. What's ours? To empower every person and every organization to achieve more. We believe technology can and should be a force for good and that meaningful innovation contributes to a brighter world in the future and today. Our culture doesn’t just encourage curiosity; it embraces it. Each day we make progress together by showing up as our authentic selves. We show up with a learn-it-all mentality. We show up cheering on others, knowing their success doesn't diminish our own. We show up every day open to learning our own biases, changing our behavior, and inviting in differences. When we show up, we achieve more together.
Microsoft operates in 190 countries and is made up of more than 220,000 passionate employees worldwide.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Educational resources
- Discounts on products and services
- Savings and investments
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.