Mintel has embarked on the biggest strategic transformation in our 50-year history, and we are looking for a bright, dedicated, strategic, and revenue-focused B2B Marketing Manager to join our growing team in our Tokyo office. Ideally, you will have competency across multiple marketing disciplines with particular experience and comfort using marketing automation platforms; meanwhile, we hope you can bring us a strategic marketing vision to help our business grow in Japan market.
This role will see you directly reporting to the APAC Head of Marketing and Communications, dotted reporting to the Country Manager of Japan as you take responsibility for planning and executing marketing and demand generation strategy and tactic initiatives. We also need you to lead one marketing executive in Japan to provide guidance and make sure all planning is put into execution. As a manager, you will need to work closely with Japan commercial team – both the sales and account management team – to provide marketing support and address pain points. If you can create campaigns that generate high-quality demand and are hungry to sharpen your skills - this role is for you.
- Review current Mintel marketing plan and strategy for the Japan market with both commercial leadership and APAC Marketing Head to make sure it addresses the business needs and is in the right direction with local insights
- Build trust and close working relationship with Japan commercial team and content team; provide constructive suggestions from a marketing point of view
- Plan and deliver quality demand campaigns that drive revenue
- Refine customer profiles and define problems that Mintel helps them solve
- Ensure marketing and sales messaging is clear, consistent, and concise
- Lead and manage the varying channel activations including live stream events and webinars, email, content, tradeshows, and conferences and partnerships
- Build and optimize nurtures and campaigns within Marketo to nurture prospects into qualified leads
- Work closely with sales leaders to ensure excellent two-way communication and reporting around the revenue process for Japanese markets
- Seek out and manage marketing partnership opportunities
- Ensure effective lead management with commercial and rev ops
- Utilize SalesForce to produce ongoing reports on marketing effectiveness and ROI for distribution to marketing and sales leadership on a regular basis
- Partner with PR, Content, Design, Product, and Research teams to deliver high-quality and effective campaigns and communications
- Work closely with peers and leadership to explore and test new growth marketing channels
- Manage, guide, and mentor the marketing executive in Japan
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in marketing roles, with 2-3 years people management experience, B2B marketing preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience using marketing tools like Pardot, Marketo, or HubSpot.
- A self-starter with a strong desire to participate in and contribute to an entrepreneurial and commercially-focused organization. A "no job is too big or too small" mentality.
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, especially in Japanese, with an ability to craft marketing messages. An effective presenter, with the ability to lead briefing sessions with senior stakeholders and partners
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous tasks, tight deadlines, and frequent high-volume periods
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as the ability to work independently and take ownership of projects/tasks
- Bring a creative, critical, and analytical approach to planning sessions
- Be able to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Marketo(or similar automation tools), GoTo Webinar, Zoom, WordPress, Google Docs/Sheets, Gmail and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Market Intelligence is what sets us apart and what defines us as a brand – literally in fact: when the company was founded in 1972 it took its name from an amalgamation of the two words. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence Mix ever since, to offer our clients a unique perspective on the consumer landscape ahead and a clear roadmap with which to navigate it.