As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for building and migrating from legacy to microservices.
Money Forward Cloud Accounting is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for businesses, which automates and streamlines accounting by integrating data from various back office related platforms and applications.
It was originally developed as a monolithic application with Ruby on Rails and already has a huge number of users.
We’ve been transforming this to microservices architecture, aiming to divide a large development team into smaller ones and deliver such a lot of value to users faster.
This will be a more complicated challenge for you than developing a microservice from zero, but it will give you a great opportunity to grow as an engineer.
- Create system requirements that include functional and non-functional requirements.
- Understand business requirements and design high-level architecture.
- Build strategy of migration.
- Create and maintain roadmaps.
- Work with engineers to capture technical designs. This might include diagrams of specifications, for instance, producing architecture diagrams, database diagrams, sequence diagrams, REST/gRPC endpoints and JSON payloads.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among development quality, features and speed of development.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders in a cross-functional team.
- Computer Science / Engineering Bachelor’s degree or related technical field.
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Strong technical background. Able to speak with developers with the same language.
- Experience with MySQL or similar RDBs.
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture.
- Deep understanding of web service development.
- Deep understanding of SDLC.
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software.
- Experience with SaaS is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solution-oriented and result-driven.
About Money Forward
Money Forward is a FinTech company offering a wide variety of financial services – from personal finance management to B2B SaaS products for businesses. Their goal is to resolve financial issues for all individuals and corporations and build a better society.
The company's been growing rapidly, and they're expanding their global hiring to help further expand the company. That means that they're open to hiring those with limited or no Japanese skills – for the first time.
Money Forward is one of Japan's hottest FinTech companies and now's a great opportunity to be a part of one of their continued growth!