The Senior Information Technology (IT) Product Manager leads and facilitates the delivery of modern IT product solutions across Motion. This role develops and manages a collaboration-focused, high performing team that enables the continuous flow of customer value to meet business objectives.
You must be eligible to work in the US without Visa Sponsorship.
- Leads and influences the delivery of innovative product solutions
- Collaborates with internal business teams to deliver valuable products and services from ideation to implementation
- Identifies opportunities to utilize technology to enable business process efficiency
- Develops and empowers a high-performing, agile product management team that includes product owners and business analysts, ensuring roles and career paths are well-defined
- Completes performance reviews for direct reports and provide employees with appropriate training to maintain knowledge, skills and abilities. Set priorities, assists with workload planning and communicates relevant business information with staff
- Conducts research for build versus buy, identifies third party products and utilizes vendor partners to develop best-in-breed solutions and increases speed to market
- Develops and implements processes and standards that ensure initiatives provide expected value using agile best practices
- Plans and communicates new product capabilities and process improvements through product roadmaps, epics, features, enablers and user stories
- Utilizes SAFe agile techniques such as Lean User Experience (UX) and Journey Mapping to evolve product strategy and roadmaps
- Becomes a subject matter expert within Motion and the associated domain
- Works with other product managers throughout the organization to develop integrated solutions
- Synchronizes frequently with agile development teams to provide business context, continuous exploration and system demos
- Monitors business key performance indicators (KPIs) and measures effectiveness of product enhancements
- Provides executive-level status on a monthly basis for all major initiatives on product roadmap
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a related field and seven (7) or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant knowledge of agile methodologies, practices and tools
- Extensive experience in defining and building product vision and roadmaps
- Extensive experience managing product delivery, process redesign across multiple work streams with varying timelines, priorities and complexities
- Strong management experience and deep understanding of Information Systems
- Effective communication at all levels of the organization
- Passionate about learning the business and growing the team
- Creative and design thinking to develop innovative solutions
- Persistent leader to accomplish difficult goals
- Composed under pressure
- Knowledge of Distribution, Industrial equipment maintenance, repair to order, engineer to order, production / manufacturing capabilities preferred
- Experience with Agile product management frameworks and tools such as SAFe, Aha! and Azure Dev Ops preferred
Licenses & Certifications: None required.
Supervisory Responsibility: 0-5 Direct Reports
About the Company
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.com or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.