The EC Content Manager will support the delivery of Newell Brands’ strategic eCommerce plan specifically related to optimizing product content across direct and indirect eCommerce sites. The primary purpose of this position is to manage end-to-end content, SEO, digital assets, and production initiatives for digital shelf and DTC content production needs and deliver best-in-class digital presence within defined timelines and budgets.
- Execute the production and management of digital media assets including product content, product videos, website assets, online advertising, SEO, and email marketing.
- Create and deliver original storytelling content to differentiate Newell brands in Japan.
- Work in collaboration with business unit brand marketing and brand content to concept big ideas that elevate Newell Brands in Japan.
- Write, edit, produce, deliver, and measure final content pieces that continuously raise the quality bar.
- Execute against the regional content plan, managing the release calendar and working with stakeholders to develop, package, and reinvent content to drive marketing activities across multiple channels and outputs – online, social, email, and others.
- Intake stakeholder briefs and maintain solid relationships with all cross-functional partners.
- Ensure all stakeholders are updated on the delivery of digital campaigns.
- Coordinate with the team to guarantee the workflow, documentation, and design standards are being upheld.
- Prepare and deliver project status reports.
- Identify any issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Ensure all content is on brand and meets brand requirements.
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver best-in-class digital shelf execution.
- Manage the content development workflow for DTC traffic drivers (i.e. email, paid social, etc), including working with developers to build, proof, and deploy marketing assets.
- Ensure proper use of the messaging framework and call-to-action strategy for Ecommerce marketing vehicles (emails, banner ads, SEM copy, landing pages, brand pages, etc.).
- Engage with cross-functional subject matter experts to incorporate best practices into the digital shelf.
- Implement content governance workflows and approvals in local markets as well as globally across the enterprise.
- 3+ years of experience leading the development and execution of content development, including the development of copy, photography, video, rich media, landing pages, etc.
- Japanese native-level fluency, English business level.
- Track record of executing content plans for various audiences and verticals, managing multiple deliverables, and meeting budgets and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with intense attention to detail both in project-based requirements as well as digital shelf content.
- Experience working with cross-functional commercial teams (Sales, Trade Marketing, Brand Marketing, Retail Customers, Ecommerce) and creative and production teams while maintaining standards of localization.
- Expertise in the digital advertising industry, understanding current trends and industry influencers.
- Strong decision-making skills and an understanding of where projects fit into overall Company and development strategies.
- Strong business acumen, project planning, tracking & organizing skills.
- Takes initiative & brings impeccable follow-up skills.
- Strong passion for both speed and simplicity.
- Ability to operate independently, give direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA or University degree in Business or a similar field.
- A strong portfolio of storytelling across a variety of platforms.
- Experience collaborating on a regional or global content strategy.
- Exhibit exceptional oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to accuracy and detail.
About Newell Brands:
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet-friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers' lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence, and providing peace of mind.