2,913,559 JPY on average (est)
We are looking for an ambitious Social Media Strategist to join our new in-house content studio. The successful candidate will take the lead on campaign strategy as well as content, implementation, and reporting. The candidate will work closely with the wider strategy, account, and creative teams of the content studio to ensure we are delivering best-in-class social media marketing, helping to build the brand, make it more relevant for consumers and create campaigns that standout. While the executional focus should be on social media, we are looking for an integrated thinker, well versed in the strategic discipline of SNS Account Planning, who puts the consumer at the heart of everything she or he does.
The role will suit somebody with social media management, editorial, and campaign planning experience who is looking to develop its own skills and experience whilst working with a tam of digital and social specialists at a high-quality focused content studio.
- Ongoing social media strategy + implementation plan in each campaign
Quarterly based strategy revisit & develop further plan
Periodical social media performance reporting – in collaboration/direction with client
- ONGOING STRATEGY
- Being agile to update implementation plan based on business situation.
- Overlap and feed-in to content planner to develop execution plan.
- STRATEGY REVIEW
- Review and assess execution plan based on aligned strategy.
- Revisit and update strategy on a quarterly basis for further optimization.
- Data extraction and to come up with agency POV
- Suggestion of next actions
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy
- Define most important social media KPIs preliminary based on organic reach because paid media for tobacco is legally prohibited
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Sprinklr
- Track and analyze social listening and trend studies to provide effective solutions for content optimization, by leading performance analysis.
- Work in multidisciplinary team with copywriters, creators and designers
- Collaborate with Client Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams when needed and respond to comments, questions, and opportunities in social media channels.
- Bring your passion for and knowledge of social media marketing to support the wider strategy team and agency with ideas, expertise and guidance
- 4~5 years of experience as a Social Media Strategist or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Line and other social media best practices
- Good understanding of social media KPIs with a focus on organic reach
- Proven ability to plan and create impactful campaigns in social media
- Leads, social listening, proactively tapping into cultural trends/conversations and nuances finding sparks before it happens.
- Experience of managing social media channels and campaigns with the ability to show the impact your management has had on the success of these channels.
- Comfortable with numbers as well as words – able to produce monthly reports on impact and to describe this performance to clients. An experience of using social media insight tools and platforms is essential (e.g., IG, Twitter)
- Ability to write inspiring, single minded creative briefs independently
- Can construct a persuasive argument in writing or via a presentation
- Social/Digital platform analysis
- Social Listening for insight gathering and campaign evaluation (e.g., via Sprinklr)
- Comprehensive understanding of research and insight gathering methods (e.g., primary, secondary, quant, qual)
- Familiar with all the latest social developments and changes, with a clear opinion on how social fits into wider consumer experience and touch points
- Strategic thinking to develop social media strategy
- Understanding of Japanese market around social media
Who you are
- Collaborative team player, open minded, transparent and non-political
- Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, design and business
- Self-starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
- Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen, learn and adapt
- Energized by doing the right thing for our clients; solution and results focused
- Positive, enthusiastic, unflappable
- Strong motivation and drive to succeed
- Proactive and Agile.
- Understanding of client business situation
- English (Fluent, minimum conversational)
- Japanese (Native)
About the Company
Geometry Ogilvy Japan GK was established in April 2019 as a partnership between Geometry Global and The Ogilvy Group to enhance our offering to brands in Japan in support of their business ambitions and marketing objectives. We believe in the power of creativity to drive meaningful change that delivers positive business outcomes. Now more than ever the ability for an agency to flex and adapt to clients changing needs is vital in the application of communications, brand experience, commerce and technology. Our blend of global and local expertise and marketing capability is designed to meet the challenges of today while setting our clients up for success from tomorrow and beyond.