At Opn, we believe the digitalization of the economy has opened up the world and offers endless opportunities to grow and make meaningful connections with one another. Opn is powered by its payment infrastructure sister company, Omise Payment Holdings, which provides one-stop online payment solutions.
Opn connects people, businesses and society in innovative ways to provide fair and open access to a growing economic ecosystem under its vision of enabling access to the digital economy for everyone. We are on a mission to make digital finance seamless and borderless for people and businesses. Our solutions are used by thousands of companies worldwide including Toyota, ByteDance, ICBC, SCB, True, Allianz Ayudhya, McDonald’s, BMW, King Power and Pomelo.
We are obsessed with solving financial coordination problems and developing new business models and technology that enable businesses to grow. We focus on addressing financial complexities and chokepoints by offering seamless and borderless solutions for our customers because we want them to focus on their core business and value proposition.
As a value-driven organization, we are dedicated to selecting and retaining the sharpest minds across all functions. Help us make digital finance seamless and borderless for people and businesses.
Why we need you
We are scaling up! Opn is under-going a period of sustained growth and we are expanding both our suite of products and our team. As we are increasing the size of the teams, we will need to bring on top-notch product leaders to help drive the direction of our company’s growth. We are determined to create a world-class financial technology product suite to fully power digital commerce across the Asia region.
As such we are on the look-out for talented and experienced Product Manager for the Japanese market. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and self-motivated product owner who designs customer-obsessed products and fully manages the entire product development cycle.
You will also be working with Japanese as well as international colleagues and partners, so you must be at least business level in both spoken and written Japanese and English.
What you have
- 5+ years in product development or platform transformation. Experience with and domain knowledge of Japanese payment technologies and schemes is a huge plus
- 5+ years experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, microservices, API's, etc
- Must be at least business level in both spoken and written Japanese and English
- Proven track record of managing new product launches
- Proven track record of managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle (PDLC) for complex, large-scale initiatives
- Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
- Strong influencing and partnership / collaboration skills to drive cross-functional teams
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills a must
Good to have
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitatively focused field. (i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Economics or similar discipline). An MBA is a plus.
- Show proven analytics and data skills. You are experienced using data to make decisions and influence other decision makers.
- Have experience working in agile development methodology, preferably Scrum.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are effective at breaking down complex problems, driving change, and managing multiple and sometimes competing stakeholders and projects.
- Be fearless…
- Depending on your preference, this role can either be located in our Japan office or our head office in Bangkok (immediately from position commencement).
- We're an international team. Therefore business level English and Japanese language skills, spoken and written, are required.
About the Company
Why you’ll love it here
- Work with other talented, ambitious international colleagues who love their craft
- A modern and well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A medical healthcare plan and annual health check-up
- A laptop to work
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
- Language classes - Thai, English, and Japanese, for your self-development
- Language and other activities for cultural exchanges
What we believe in
- We cultivate teamwork and a trust-based working culture
- We celebrate diversity and continuous improvement
- Giving our employees the opportunities and create their own success
Life at Opn
Nearly 500 Opners work from our six office locations as well as remotely from home or co-working spaces. While we are a global company, a lot of our thinking goes into how to solve payment problems at the hyper-local level to help businesses scale and reach their customers.
Our core values — simple, real, and beautiful serve as our North Star and are integrated into how we work and the results of our work.
At Opn, we empower people to embrace project-ownership and take initiative. We love to see Opners act as the owner of the outcome and confidently provide solutions to each challenge, taking a collaborative teamwork approach. Our fellow Opners are encouraged to discuss and share ideas, and are given the freedom to explore all areas of their work, in order to achieve the expected results.
People at Opn are from different backgrounds and together, we contribute to creating an inclusive, friendly, and safe working environment. As a company, we embrace diversity and value open discussions, a learning mindset, professionalism, and respect. “Growing with us” means to celebrate the challenges and to always look for opportunities to learn, develop your skills, and move one step forward each day. If this is the work environment you are looking for, then get in touch with us.