Job Description:Business Overview
Rakuten group has almost 100 million customers based in Japan and 1 billion globally as well, providing more than 70 services in a variety such as media, sports, telecommunication, e-commerce, payment services, financial services, etc.Department Overview
Our group services (MNO, MVNO, Rakuten Sports, Rakuten TV, Rakuten Music, Rakuten Tickets, Rakuten Viber and many more) are being used by millions of users in Japan and overseas. Undergoing rapid growth.
We are looking for a talented and passionate designer who is ready to challenge himself/herself and help grow multiple services within the Experience Design group, contributing on defining and creating the product of the different digital services as well as adding to the ecosystem of the company.
- Create and improve UI/UX and contribute to user satisfaction
- Create UI designs for the Web and Mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Work closely with Product Managers and Development
- Create and enhance Design Systems
- Organize and prioritize your projects and tasks efficiently
- 3+ Years of relevant UI experience.
- Have worked with at least one suite of standard tools for wire-framing, prototyping, and graphic design (Figma preferred)
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems
- Have demonstrable experience creating animated prototypes or interfaces
- Have deep knowledge of mobile (iOS and Android) and mobile web guidelines
- Have demonstrable knowledge of implementing branding design on user interfaces
- Have a great foundation on gestalt principles: typography, color theory, etc.
- Organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks coming from multiple sources in an efficient and orderly manner
- English: Business Level (TOEIC 800+). You’ll be working in English within the design and development teams
- Japanese: Business Level (JLPT N2+)
- Experience designing native mobile platforms or websites
- Excellent proficiency using Figma
- Experience creating UI animations
- Have a deep understanding of UI and UX for mobile and mobile developers’ needs from designers
- Experience or solid knowledge of user testing and user research
- Japan working experience
In Japanese, Rakuten stands for ‘optimism.’ It means we believe in the future. It’s an understanding that, with the right mind-set, we can make the future better by what we do today.
So we challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, brighter future for everyone.
Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to almost 1.3 billion members across the world.