This position is in the Leisure Service (LPD) department and uses Java, PHP, and Kotlin.
The Leisure Product Department (LPD) is handling a lineup of lifestyle and leisure related services, some of them being category leaders in the Japanese market. We aim at growing globally and becoming world leaders through innovation and technology. In order to achieve this, we are now looking for globally minded engineers to contribute to the development of our services.
Services We Handle
Rakuten GORA : Golf course reservation service
Rakuten Beauty : Salon reservation service
Rakuten Keiba : Horse racing online betting service
Rakuten Kdreams : Cycle racing online betting service
Rakuten toto/lottery : toto/lottery online sales service
Why We Hire
Services in LPD are growing rapidly hence to support the business growth we need to have a robust and scalable system.
Additionally, we are committed to give the best user experience on our services.
That requires a bigger team and a high level of engineering skill.
With this goal we are planning to increase the number of employees.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack/backend web application engineer who has a passion for working on complex/large systems and understands the importance of maintaining and supporting one.
You will be joining one of our teams of diversely skilled engineers who actively support the maintenance of existing Rakuten system related to lifestyle and leisure related services.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to
- Design & Develop features on small to large scale systems
- Handle operations like releases to Production environments
- Learn about and perform load/performance tests on high access systems
- Interact and work with members from other development teams, Product Managers, UX/UI designers and QA engineers
A commitment to team collaboration, good communication and resilient system design and maintenance is important.
- Over 5 years of experience in web application development with any of the following languages : PHP, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with version control system
- Experience with Unix / Linux (shellscripting, web administration, troubleshooting, etc)
- Experience with Web Application Framework (Kotlin/Java/Springboot, PHP/Laravel, etc)
- Experience in API development using Java, Kotlin or PHP
- Experience working on e-commerce system
- Experience working on devops-related tasks
- Experience with system development using any of the following: Container, Queue system, Kubernetes and/or NoSQL
- Familiar with testing principles for application, Unit/Integration/Functional Testing
Additional Information On English Qualification
Proficient in English, native level or TOEIC (or equivalent) score 800+
English (Overall - 3 - Advanced)
About the Company
Young members in their late 20s to early 30s, from various countries and different cultural backgrounds.
In addition, there is no barrier between job titles and services in charge, and the entire department has an open and flat atmosphere, and we are very active in exchange meetings with other groups such as information sharing meetings and problem solving.
In short, it is a very lively cross-cultural environment where we can work, learn and have fun with each other and grow together.