Job Description:Department Overview
Our mission is to enhance the design of our EC services, such as Rakuten Ichiba, Rakuten Fashion, Rakuten Direct, etc. to contribute to our business performance.
We are looking for a talented and passionate designer who will be responsible for visual design of campaign pages, create solution to maximize business goal. Preferred candidate with good understanding of Branding.
- Create visual design for Rakuten Ichiba campaign and event pages (including banners), independently.
- Develop and define the overall look and feel (Tone & Manner) of a design
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by outsource vendor.
- Create competitor research, design concept and Mood board and reference for outsource vendor.
- Coordinate activities with web director to develop design concept
- Present designs to web director or management for approval
- 5+ years of professional creative experience on web design and digital production.
- A team player with good communication skills who can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions.
- Understanding of business objective, target audience.
- Knowledge of Branding and template/guidelines creation.
- You possess a good knowledge of design tools such as Adobe CC and Figma.
- Capability to work under tight schedule and open minded about design critique.
- Attention to detail for design
- Understand the priority of work and good time management. (Able to work on multiple project at the same time)
- Japanese-language skills. (Business level)
- Stay regularly updated on changing trends, medium and technology.
- Knowledge of illustration, icon creation and animation(video)
- Knowledge of User test, user persona and wireframe creation
- Fashion related experience
In Japanese, Rakuten stands for ‘optimism.’ It means we believe in the future. It’s an understanding that, with the right mind-set, we can make the future better by what we do today.
So we challenge ourselves to evolve, innovate and experiment, to create a better, brighter future for everyone.
Today, our 70+ businesses span e-commerce, digital content, communications and fintech, bringing the joy of discovery to almost 1.3 billion members across the world.